xisto Community
cherri

Help Needed In Making A Database I need some help

I need to make a database can someone please make one for me,and mail it to p.meiring@iinet.net.auname: datapassword: Geografix_43please, is there some generous person out there that could help me :PPlease....

Hi cherri,[tab][/tab]First of all you need to specify which database software you want to use to maintain your database.. Secondly - you cannot just create a database out of thin air without knowing what data it is going to contain. The tables and fields have to be set up accordingly.You need to post further details about your database in order to get any decent help.

I would like a MYSQL database for a user login system and a forum (e.g. PHPBB or invasion boards)

If you apply for hosting here, you can easily create the database used for a login system on a forum. However it's best to use the forum's software to create the database for you so that the configuration matches your host that will be hosting it and that it is correct for your software. Also all the tables etc would be setup by the forum software.

Cheers,

MC

If you apply for hosting here, you can easily create the database used for a login system on a forum. However it's best to use the forum's software to create the database for you so that the configuration matches your host that will be hosting it and that it is correct for your software. Also all the tables etc would be setup by the forum software.Cheers,
MC

Thankyou very much for your help, I think i read in another post there was no database assistance or Mysql system setup, I must have read wrong :P

I really,really like this hosting service now, IT IS THE BEST

If you get hosting here you merely go to the cPanel and then select the mysql icon and create your own database with any name you wish by simply typing it in. You can see an illustrated method of doing this as well as some code in an answer to this post here. You can also just select a board like phpBB and the cPanel will set it all up for you and then all you do is go in and customize your site and are online in about 5 minutes with a board running minus all your forums which you will have to set up yourself, but I believe that phpBB comes with one test forum already setup with one message just to let you know that your forum is up and running.

Welcome to Xisto.

If you get hosting here you merely go to the cPanel and then select the mysql icon and create your own database with any name you wish by simply typing it in. You can see an illustrated method of doing this as well as some code in an answer to this post here. You can also just select a board like phpBB and the cPanel will set it all up for you and then all you do is go in and customize your site and are online in about 5 minutes with a board running minus all your forums which you will have to set up yourself, but I believe that phpBB comes with one test forum already setup with one message just to let you know that your forum is up and running.
Welcome to Xisto.

Thats pretty nice. I remember my noob days when I had to upload every single file by hand. Personally I really don't like cpanel though, I would prefer small open source things like phpmyadmin. Similarly, CPanel is a nice alternative for people who don't know mysql and php and such. Any idea what version Xisto has on cpanel?

~Thanks
Adio

Well thanks for all the help, I should be getting my hosting accepted today or tommorow I HOPE.....Sorry I do not know what version of Cpanal Xisto is running but I should find out soon...And thankyou to all the administrators for their help...Especailly mastercomputers and miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG :PThis is the best service I have had so far ;)