xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marretas

Intel: Two New Laptop CPU's

Intel introduced today two new CPU for Laptop's. CORE SOLO U1300 and U1400. This two news CPU oppositivelly to CORE DUO includes just a single nucleum, witch means that are a very good solution for modest systems perfomance. The U1300 and U1400, that work respectivitly 1.06Ghz and 1.2Ghz, are the firsts Core ULV ( Ultra Low Voltage).

The TDP ( Thermal Desing Power) announced, has only 5.5 Watts. An impressive value while compared with 15 Watts of Core Duo Low Voltage and 25 Watts of standart Core Duo.

Posted Image

Man, I'm glad to see Intel starting to do things right again. They've been dropping the ball so often the last few years but they seem to be on the right track. Everything I've read about these chips (Core Duos and Solos) seems to be pretty impressive both performance and power consumption/heat wise. I can't wait to see what they have out once they start making the next line of desktop cpus based off their mobile chips.