Sign in to follow this  
scab_dog

Chicken Egg or Chicken

-----------------------------------------------------------

||||Which came out first Da Egg or Da Chicken?||||

-----------------------------------------------------------

From

.::DAMAN::.

Pretty annoying question, but anyways I reckon the chicken. Just think about it, a chick that was just born... small stomach... dies in 2 days or less or more or something. And a chicken. Huge stomach, much stronger. It can last longer! Besides if the egg came first who would look after the chick? OH WILL SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN >_<

i remember hearing from somewhere that egg came first... but the egg was not laid by a chicken, it's a similar species...

i remember hearing from somewhere that egg came first... but the egg was not laid by a chicken, it's a similar species...

68142[/snapback]

Yea, I seem to recall somewhere that the first chicken came from an egg that was laid by a bird that wasn't quite a chicken, so the egg must have come first.

Definitely the chicken. Of course I believe God created them all as whole creatures. If you take the course of them "evolving" it means everything had to come from nothing. Some atoms poofed out of nowhere, collided, made dirt, dirt somehow got water involved, etc... If you go with that everything gets a lot more complicated I think since you have to stretch so much to make it fit, and ignore some facts in the process :lol: Including the chicken/egg dilemma -_-

I think the egg came first, but it wasn't an egg of a chicken, it was... a different thing...

141943[/snapback]

LOL then the chicken came first, since it was born of another type of egg and not a chicken egg. If you just say which came first the chicken and any type of egg then it has to be egg since reptiles lay eggs, and dinosaurs were reptiles, and dinosaurs were around much before chickens.... therefore we must assume the question properly worded would be which came first the chicken or the chicken egg, obviously the answer must be the chicken, because only a chicken can lay a chicken egg....

Is that a convoluded enough answer -_-

Definitely the chicken. Of course I believe God created them all as whole creatures. If you take the course of them "evolving" it means everything had to come from nothing. Some atoms poofed out of nowhere, collided, made dirt, dirt somehow got water involved, etc...

If you go with that everything gets a lot more complicated I think since you have to stretch so much to make it fit, and ignore some facts in the process Including the chicken/egg dilemma

Well not really, first of all the theory of evolution does not mean that everything including such things as dirt evolved, just rather that animal species evlovled. There is no theory I ever heard of atoms poofing out of nowhere except creationism, essentially that is waht creationists believe, something poofed out of nothing by gods will. There are other belief systems which have nothing to do with evolution which state different causes for the creation of the universe, the most common one is the big bang theory, that being that there was once upon a time a large mass, so large that eventually it just exploded and cast the materials it contained out into the universe, that is where every bit of matter in the universe comes from. This matter floated around until due to forces of gravity upon each other they began to form larger bodies, then slowly stars, and then planet system etc.. Earth just happened to contain just the right amount of all the elements needed to jump start life, ie. a primodial soup which kick started the evolutionary cycle.

Just out of curiosity, what fact do we need to ignore in order to believe in evolution... how about the fact you need to ignore in order to believe creationism? For example according to the bible the world is what 6,000 years old or some such? Yet thanks to fossil records we know that life has been around much longer than that. Of course I am not completely discounting creationism, I am an agnostic as such I do believe in a diety, just not necessarily the Judeo-Christian god.

LOL then the chicken came first, since it was born of another type of egg and not a chicken egg. If you just say which came first the chicken and any type of egg then it has to be egg since reptiles lay eggs, and dinosaurs were reptiles, and dinosaurs were around much before chickens.... therefore we must assume the question properly worded would be which came first the chicken or the chicken egg, obviously the answer must be the chicken, because only a chicken can lay a chicken egg....

Is that a convoluded enough answer -_-

Well not really, first of all the theory of evolution does not mean that everything including such things as dirt evolved, just rather that animal species evlovled. There is no theory I ever heard of atoms poofing out of nowhere except creationism, essentially that is waht creationists believe, something poofed out of nothing by gods will. There are other belief systems which have nothing to do with evolution which state different causes for the creation of the universe, the most common one is the big bang theory, that being that there was once upon a time a large mass, so large that eventually it just exploded and cast the materials it contained out into the universe, that is where every bit of matter in the universe comes from. This matter floated around until due to forces of gravity upon each other they began to form larger bodies, then slowly stars, and then planet system etc.. Earth just happened to contain just the right amount of all the elements needed to jump start life, ie. a primodial soup which kick started the evolutionary cycle.

Just out of curiosity, what fact do we need to ignore in order to believe in evolution... how about the fact you need to ignore in order to believe creationism? For example according to the bible the world is what 6,000 years old or some such? Yet thanks to fossil records we know that life has been around much longer than that. Of course I am not completely discounting creationism, I am an agnostic as such I do believe in a diety, just not necessarily the Judeo-Christian god.

173568[/snapback]

Umm... question... where did this "large mass" that caused the Big Bang come from? :lol: