xisto Community
minnieadkins

Oblivion - Anone Played It?

I've been too busy to play much but every time I see anything even mention Oblivion I want to jump back in, but then I start debating whether I should pick up where I left off or start a new charcter... then I start thinking about how much time it'll take either way and end up not playing haha. Stupid "having a life". Anyways I think people who have complaints about this game are basically being picky since they are comparing it to what they wish it would be and not comparing it to games as a whole. Frankly 90% of games over the last few years have not been of a very high quality if you look closely at them (and by few years, I mean more then a few). Comparatively to other games this is insanely addictive, fun, and impressive. Sure there are bugs, but most if not all games have bugs, even when they are a 100th of the size.So yes, in case my fanboyesque rant turned you off, this is the only important part... if you STILL haven't tried oblivion do so at once. That is all.

Nah i havn't played it but i've heard people mention the game and from their point of view it sounds good.I think it's an rpg game i'm not too sure because i havn't bothered to look it up. Anyway i'm not a fan of rpg games it more fps for me because i just find rpgs too boring and most of the time.. less social-HellFire

I have Oblivion 4. I played it but not for a long time. I really like this game, i think i could enjoy this game a lot. Then why i'm not playing it? Because graphics are too good for my old graphics card. I have GeFoorce FX 5500 and it's about 3 fps. Sometimes it's even 1 fps. I can't play normally with that fps rate. It's just not possible. Besides, i recommend to all of you to have atleast 512MB of RAM. i have 1024MB of RAM and i loads a lot faster. When i had 256MB of RAM, i had to wait about 5-10 minutes to load "big" maps. I wish i had a better graphics card...

Ahhh, Oblivion. I had almost forgotten about the game once I finished the main plot. I got tired of running around I guess. Started Hitman Blood Money and haven't looked back haha. But then I beat Blood Money, and I'm busy as heck working and stuff, so yeah, not much time for video games anymore... Oooh how I wish it was simple enough just to level up in real life, and loot dungeons and sell the stuff, no matter how crappy it is, to any vendor and make a million dollars haha. :)

Im getting it this weekend in time for the holidays.Time to move the microwave into my room and buy 30 bucks worth of 2 minute noodles :PI loved morrowwind and made pc mods and maps for it. i plan to do the same for this oneThis is gonna be a fun, inactive and pobably seisure causing holidays.

Haha that wouldn't surprise me noddy, when I got it I went to work the next morning with about an hour of sleep in me because I didn't look at the clock and before I knew it it was about 5 or 6am. Dangerous game I tell you :PI've seen some crazy pc mods for it too. I haven't tried many since I have the 360 version but it seems the mod community is going strong for oblivion just like it was for morrowind so once you get some play in I'm sure you'll find ways to keep yourself living off microwaveable noodles for even longer hehe.

Blogobobo, that sounded awfully like a spam post you should read the rules, one line posts are not good!After finishing the main quest in a few days. I was dissapointed in the main quests length but the guild quests are exellent and the downloadable mission by other gamers is good and releasing the TES construction set is awsome. I think bethesada are awsome to relese it, it adds longativity to the game and is more popular because of it.

Blogobobo, that sounded awfully like a spam post you should read the rules, one line posts are not good!
After finishing the main quest in a few days. I was dissapointed in the main quests length but the guild quests are exellent and the downloadable mission by other gamers is good and releasing the TES construction set is awsome. I think bethesada are awsome to relese it, it adds longativity to the game and is more popular because of it.

I agree with you. To many people unused to massive RPGs, like the ones from Elder Scrolls series, having a somehow short main quest might be a problem.
To usual RPG players, side questing is a must, if not the whole meaning of the game. But normal gamers aren't always used to follow non-linear plots, because in other game styles it works in a completely different way. Even some "pseudo"-RPGs like Diablo (mainly Diablo II) have a completely linear and strict plot. You always know what to do and where to go. Most exploration occurs by curiosity, leveling, or item farming.
I believe Betheseda (too lazy to check for the spelling of this...) should interlace more side quests with the main one, sort of making you have to do them to continue. This happens a lot in Baldur's Gate saga (and games alike as Icewind Dale etc.), for example. You just receive a main quest, and in the way to your destination you have to make like 10 other ones before you go on with the main one. Having to look too much after new quests might be boring to most non-hardcore gamers.
The modding system offered by the game makes mods amazingly powerful yet very simple to install. It's so cool to download a pack, insert it into the game and just run! It adds a hell of a replay factor...

I recommend it if you like well written stories, and doesn't care to play games offline (as I usually do...).
It's not the king of game to start in the the RPGs world, though.

When i got oblivion i could not wait to get home and play it, it was one of the reasons i had bought my 360. As i was creating my character i was amazed at how much detail was put into the customization proccess, i thought ok this is gonna be good, i played through the game the first time and realised that i didnt see 1/2 of the entire world. (its huge!). But after i compleated the main story line and got my character up into high levels it got sort of boring. none of the enemies posed a challange and i had already beat all the guilds, so i went of it for a while but then i downloaded the new content of live and im still playing!!This is a quality game that can keep you amused for hours, but there are some minor things that could be improved on, (such as the loading). If you enjoy RPGs this is a must have..