xisto Community
minnieadkins

Oblivion - Anone Played It?

I first played elder scrolls IV, I think that's Morrowwind, when it came packaged with my computer. I enjoy D&D type games and I found it to be fairly interesting. There are some concepts in the game that was lacking, but overall it was a decent game. I noticed that there's a new elder scrolls game out called oblivion. I looked at a of the gameplay video and the action looks improved. I was just wondering if anyone's played it and if so what's it like? The graphics obviously look a little better, but is it worth it? Does it have any multiplayer capabilities (which I doubt).What are the system requirements like? I can play doom 3 and quake 4, although it's not the best quality, on my computer. Does it require more to run Oblivion than those FPS?

I first played elder scrolls IV, I think that's Morrowwind, when it came packaged with my computer. I enjoy D&D type games and I found it to be fairly interesting. There are some concepts in the game that was lacking, but overall it was a decent game.
I noticed that there's a new elder scrolls game out called oblivion. I looked at a of the gameplay video and the action looks improved. I was just wondering if anyone's played it and if so what's it like? The graphics obviously look a little better, but is it worth it? Does it have any multiplayer capabilities (which I doubt).

What are the system requirements like? I can play doom 3 and quake 4, although it's not the best quality, on my computer. Does it require more to run Oblivion than those FPS?

Hell yeah, i have the game and its really fun and is better then old morrowind. graphic is the bomb.

I haven't played the game specifically, but I watched a little bit of the gamespot marathon where the reviewer was playing the game on its release for 12 hours straight I believe. From the looks of the in game gameplay it looks promising, but I really dont like the combat style, because its just too basic for my tastes. If they concentrate on the combat of the game on the next version this game might actaully interest me. I know so far they have succeeded in making the games customize ablitly and storyline and so forth. But me as a gameplayer, need to have a fluid combat system not a clunky combat system that they have right now.

Yes sir, this game is worth the money. Compared to other games where you get 10-15 hours of gameplay for $40-50, I've gotten over 70 hours so far with the $60 collectors edition. Get more bang for your buck. Plus the availability for mods makes the game slow to get boring... Gives you something new to play with almost every day.

I recommend this site for mods:
http://filter.adsparkmedia.net/filter?q=oblivion+source&i=5Qcn6p0AtzU_0&t=629403239&f=458903844

Ok first thing first its an elder scrolls game!! Second its brand spanking new and it’s improved with all the latest jazz it has it all or close to all of it. iv played it like 5 days straight since I got it and I’m loving it I tell ya if I only had $100 for the whole year for one game id get Oblivion hands down no questions, also ited be a good idea to get a collectors edition if you like all the extra stuff like a official coin from the imperial city and a map and book its awesome go get it it’ll be well worth it

I've sunk about 30 hours into it on my currect character, had about 5-10 on my first char before I realized I wanted to start over, so I've gotten at least 30-40 hours out of it. I rarely actually get that much gameplay out of a game and I have barely scracthed the surface of oblivion. I simply dont have the time to play it as much as I'd want to, but I know it'll always be there waiting for more exploring and whatnot. It's an amazingly deep experience and will make you wonder why so many other games nowadays are so much money for 10 hours of gameplay.I've played it on both 360 and pc and both versions are great. If you have an insane system the pc version looks better, but the 360 version is pretty schweet looking and runs decently.I look forward to having enough free time that I can return to close more gates of obvliion, mwhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Elder Scrolls is THE best game series.It's definatly worth the money. Even if you're not fond of RPG's, this is a must get, because it's more adventure than Morrowind.I've played the 4 main ES's (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion) and think they're definatly excellent RPG's, and Oblivion has destroyed the curb, like Bethesda always do :D

My friend got Oblivion and he says its great. He said its a bit of a system hog, so he cant play it at full settings. Apparently the world is MASSIVE. It took him a couple hours just to get out of the city. Also apparently the AI is amazing. He stole a horse from a farmer and they sent some people after him. He did a quest, and came back to the farmer's house and the farmer was still missing a horse and was talking to himself about a missing horse. I'm considering getting it when I get my new PC, I have a feeling I might get too addicted to it lol

Its definitely worth it. The games visuals are amazing. I have it on PC running nicely and it allows certain mods too. Which is a nice plus.ive probably dummped about 30-40 hours on it and i am nowhere near the main plot (Lol ive only closed one Oblivion gate :D ). The open-endness of the game is that cool.Best RPG of this year so far. Neverwinter Nights 2 was supposed to come out this year but apparently they are having trouble with development.

Edited by Fonz (see edit history)

I own it and played over 70 hours, done all mages guild, dark brotherhood and city quests however the thieves quests seem to be bugged as I can't get the final one.The dark brotherhood experience was awesome, great plot and missions.

The dark brotherhood experience was awesome, great plot and missions.

I agree, the Darkbrotherhood was an awesome part of the game. Apparently a lot agree on this. Its simply the assasin role you take. Very cool.

I've played it just briefly at a friends, which on the scale of Elderscrolls game is not at all. The previous game was simply amazing though. The amount of people I introduced to that game, they all ended up playing it till the sun came up without realizing. Some of those people would have never played a game like that normally either. Hopefully when I get the desktop running i'll buy a copy, maybe not, i'm not sure my girlfriend would approve of 12 hours stints to find Daedric Longswords :D

Yeah, I played it at a friend's house. I totally hate gaming, and I couldn't stand this game for a long period of time. We just loaded up my friend's saved game, and I started killing people all around. :D Anyways, he said he really enjoyed it, and from what I've seen the graphics are astounding, the game-play is smooth, and the interaction with the virtual world is intuitive. I think if you enjoyed the last Elder Scrolls games you'll enjoy this one... but I'm saying this just from what my friend told me about the game and the little experience I had with it!

Well if I'm with allies they either dissapear (where the hell did my DB murderer ran off to ?) or kill each other. Or guards start attacking them. Weird ****.Still, awesome game. I loved the endings of DB and mages. At first when doing all those recommendation quests you get a bad image of Hannibal Traven, which resulted in a strange love for the char in the end.Great voice acting, lovely setting. My char is a bit too badass with the full enchanted glass + DB hood look thing. Cast weakness to fire 100%, and either firedmgstaff (80firedmg on strike) or 25fireonstrikedeadrabow. Some things make the game a bit too easy in dungeons like invisibility. With those oblivion gates I'd merely run to the top with invis, save before I get the sigil stone and keep loading that until I get a nice firedmg stone for my bow. Things like nightvision can be enchanted as well on a piece of armor.Many say that they're sad it doesn't include a multiplayer, but there is just no way. The balancing is horrible (enchant to 100% chameleon) and a MP in it would make little sense. And things like that one shouldn't use the skills you use most often as your major skills. And spamming them is so easy, power gaming is really easy and without it game gets quite difficult.Couldn't complete thieves quest because it was bugged, the messenger for last quest wouldn't come to me -at all-. I reckon I should play it again some time; I did enjoy it. Although when I start I'm getting a crapload of balance mods in (stuff like, lvl up +5 for all skills - and don't bother powergaming). It's also near impossible to play an archer type of hero without bow mods; it's too weak and way too inconvenient.The fighters guild quests any good? Didn't do those.