xisto Community
carny gal

Firefox Update Anyone else having trouble with Flash player now?

I recently updated Firefox, my favorite browser. Now, it will not install the flash player. Didn't notice if it was when Adobe picked up Macromedia or if it's the Firefox update.Anyone else having similar problems?

Did you have Flash plugin installed on your Firefox before? Which version of Firefox did you update from? I did get an update from 1.5.0.1 to 1.5.0.2, but it didn't mess up my Flash plugin.

Now, it will not install the flash player.

Why are you trying to reinstall it?

I've updated my firefox and flash still works fine..but my friend had something weird happening to her after she updated firefox. It seems like her scrollbar arrows dissappeared..

I had some issues with firefox, when I updated it, it start to work very slow at some point, and start eating processor usage... so after restart thing worked OK.

Make sure you have the latest update for that Firefox Flash extension (if it was indeed a plug-in from the Firefox extension site). To check, go into Firefox->Tools->Extensions and click on the Flash entry (if it's there, if not, then you most likely have the Flash player downloaded for Firefox instead of the extension). Does it say anything about not being compatible with this version of Firefox? If it does, click on the Find Updates button and see if there are any available updates for this new version of Firefox.

I think its not possible to install flash player as a plug-in to Firefox3. You need to install it manually to the system! this is my understanding!-mode--reply by mode

I recently updated Firefox, my favorite browser. Now, it will not install the flash player.
Didn't notice if it was when Adobe picked up Macromedia or if it's the Firefox update.

Anyone else having similar problems?

I had a problem playing flash videos also on firefox but I was directed to <a href="https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ flash Player</a> where I downloaded the flash player plugin, and from the firefox's download menu I clicked the flash player plug-in setup and it installed the plug in.NB.: When installing the flash player plug-in you have to close all firefox windows, even firefox's download window.

For easy installation, when you have downloaded the flash player plug-in setup, run it by clicking on it from the firefox's download window, and when the setup is running close all the firefox windows including the firefox's download window.

After it has it has installed try playing a flash video on your browser.
Please re-post and say whether you have succeded to install the flash player plug-in or not.

To manually download the flash player plug-in, click here <a href="https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ flash Player</a>

For more support, click here <a href="https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html support</a>

Didn't notice if it was when Adobe picked up Macromedia or if it's the Firefox update.

Anyone else having similar problems?

I had a problem playing flash videos also on firefox but I was directed to Macromedia Flash Player where I downloaded the flash player plugin, and from the firefox's download menu I clicked the flash player plug-in setup and it installed the plug in.NB.: When installing the flash player plug-in you have to close all firefox windows, even firefox's download window.

For easy installation, when you have downloaded the flash player plug-in setup, run it by clicking on it from the firefox's download window, and when the setup is running close all the firefox windows including the firefox's download window.

After it has it has installed try playing a flash video on your browser.

Please re-post and say whether you have succeded to install the flash player plug-in or not.

To manually download the flash player plug-in, click here Macromedia Flash Player

For more support, click here Flash Player support"

Edited by Biziman (see edit history)

I don't think you can install through the Firefox Missing Plugins wizard, since it errors most of the time and links you to the manual download method. The manual download method, involving the running of the setup executable, is the best one to use, since it directly copies the plugin files required by Adobe Flash Player straight into the appropriate plugin folders for Mozilla Firefox. Using this manual method, I have had no problems with Adobe Flash Player running in Mozilla Firefox, although recently I installed Adobe Flash CS4 which included a debug version that regularly prompts error because of inappropriate coding in Flash files being played within.

I seem to be using the latest version of Firefox and I don't have any problems with using flash player, I can browse youtube.com or see some sites using flash and it works as it used to work.. I never had any trouble using flash on Windows.To add, some people said that Opera had some issues with flash player, but I also never had any trouble using flash on Windows with Opera since the 7 version.. maybe it's different on Linux.

I was having same problem Firefox does not update the flash player automaticallyYou need to download flash update and then install it on your System(PC).It ask you to shutdown Firefox before installing it.You can check this on adobe website.Hope this solves your problem------------------Yogesh Gadiya