xisto Community
amitbhandari

GTA: All Versions All versions

hi friends,what all versions of GTA have you tried?I have tried GTA 2 , GTA 3 and GTA Vice City. Alas! I haven't played San Andreas. Heard its great fun to play that game.Anybody played it.If yes! how do you compare GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas.I have completed GTA Vice City upto 60%. What about you?Waiting for reply.Regards.

I have owned all of them, I didn't get a chance to complete San Andreas though as the DVD disc went on me, probably due to my brother playing it excessively.San Andreas is alot nicer looking in my opinion then Vice City, It has an overall smoother look to it, You can ride BMX and do some pretty cool things.Not too long after the start you can enter a local GYM too, to work out your muscles and increase your strength, learn some new fighting techniques or increase youre stamina.If you have played all the other GTA games it won't be too long before you start getting a little bored, much like the Tony Hawks skateboarding series, but it is definitely worth giving a try!

Edited by Chesso (see edit history)

If you have played all the other GTA games it won't be too long before you start getting a little bored, much like the Tony Hawks skateboarding series, but it is definitely worth giving a try!

No way! I've played GTA3 like a 100 times and vice city a 1000 times! (Ok ... slight exaggeration ;) )

I've even played San Andreas 3 times from start to finish.

GTA3 ... I really couldn't complete the whole thing on my own. Had to use cheats sometime in Staunton Island.

Vice City ... came uptil 80% or something, but got bored of the stuff then.

San Andreas ... I really put an effort to make it to 100% in this one and came upto 97% ... shy of a few races and some stealing. But that's when I gave up. Spent too much time and effort on it. Started playing from the start again :P.

I still haven't finished GTA3.... I ended up getting it after Vice City and San Andreas and found it to be pretty good and marginally different from the others.I haven't gotten too far though, I think on the other island that you go to where you deal with the asian woman.

I've played GTA and GTA2 but forget if I ever actually beat them or not. I loved GTA3 but never actually finished it, got fairly far in and just kinda moved onto Vice City since it showed up around when I got GTA3. VC just had so much character compared to the less organic feeling original that it drew me away. I've beaten VC once or twice and played through most of it another time or two. San Andreas I've completed like 75%ish twice... both times having hadrware failure rape my save files, and I now have beaten all but like the last couple missions again. Haven't played in a month or two though, I'll need to fire it up and finish that sucker.Regardless, all of those games are amazing. Can't wait to see where the series ventures next.

I have also tried GTA 3 and GTA Vice City. But I am unable to complete it. I get to about 47% and then I get bored off it and start playing again with a new strategy. Have used Cheat codes many a times. I really like to get police stars and kill the policemen, destroy police vehicles.Hey, have u guys heard that a guy in US killed someone after getting inspired from GTA and US govt. had put some restrictions on this game. I am not sure but i have heard that.Is that true??Regards.

Edited by sandeep (see edit history)

I have tried GTA Vice City many-a-times and have gone upto 90% but never completed it because get bore-off all the time at that level. It makes tiring at that level though it is exciting in the beginning of the game.As we progress in the game, it makes you more experienced vercetti but then there is a limit to it and that limit is at 90%. However, once i completed 100% using the cheats available online.

I played everything from gta 1, gta 2, gta 3 (briefly), gta: VC, and GTA:SA. Great games I must say. I remember getting a demo of gta 1 with a pcgamer back in the day. Anyways, I've beatan GTA:VC since that was the one I played most. I haven't played gta 3 enough, but I would like to try my hand at it. In gta:SA I made it to where you had to control remote control airplanes kill some gang members or something. I never made it past that and it was my friends copy of the game so I never finished it. I found it to be pretty good and better than Vice City. Vice City was great there, but there's more features in San Andreas. It's $20 for PS2 now I think. I seen it yesterday in wallyworld in the greastest hits section. Perhaps I'll pick up a copy for myself and finish what I started.

I used to play the PS/PSOne version of the original GTA. But then I got the Classics Collection (GTA, GTA2 and London expansion pack) for my PC. I still play those fairly often, though I typically become distracted by the carnage and forget all about the missions I'm supposed to complete *grins*My brother lent me his XBox for the next few weeks, so I'm playing GTA3. He has Vice City too, but the disc got scratched so it freezes early into the game *sighs* I'm not very far into the GTA3 missions. Again, I keep getting distracted by the other aspects of the game (like using the Create Tank cheat to grab a tank and run over everything in my path, hehe).I'd love to get a chance to play San Andreas. Maybe my lil' bro will pick that one up over the summer so I can give it a shot. Speaking of RockStar Games: anybody else looking forward to "Bully"? I'm not sure exactly when it's due to come out, but I'm looking forward to that title.

I don't think video games make people voilent, it's the idiots that use the game as an excuse. If there brain works well enough that they can pinpoint that GTA (any game) is what made them commit a crime then they really have no excuse.....Is bully that fighting one? I remember seeing a new game on their site (I think it was theirs) and it looked half decent, but haven't seen any recents news about it.

I'm not really a fan of grand theft auto i don't know why but it just seems boring to me. I prefer games like counter strike and battlefield. i think battlefield 2 is similar to the grand theft auto games with the exception that you are actually on a battlefield and your mission is to conquer the other team.I've played-GTA1GTA2GTA3GTAVCGTASAand another one i think but i can't rememer it. Out of all of them the first 2 are the most boring.-HellFire

I have played all of them to date so far, and I have to say GTA San Andreas is definitly one of the best games I have seen, it is def. the best of the series. The graphics look spectacular especially being a ps2 game concidering ps2's are what 300mhz machines with old school graphics card ;). The sound effects are awesome, the story line is amazingly fun to follow and riding around on BMX bikes and just chilling for awhile def. makes this game funner then the others in the series. Only thing I think they really need to add now is a real online multiplayer mode and then I dont think I would need too many other games to satisfy my gaming needs. Honestly I think the people who complain that the game is too violent either are not mature enough to handle the game or are affected way too much by something that is all virtual. If people are concerned then they should just not buy the games for their kids. I mean the box does have a rating if people dont follow it, then its their own fault that they cant handle it. It accuratly describes what you can do on the box itself and I think that is more then enough warning. Just my 2 cents :D.

I guess I was too young to play GTA 1 and 2 when they came out, but I sure did enjoy GTA 3 and Vice City. To be honest, before GTA 3, I've never played a game with such a world and so much freedom.Compared to GTA 3, Vice City is a lot more flashier and I never like it as much as GTA 3. It might show the "vice city" in its real light, but that's not what I want from a GTA game. I want a dark atmosphere which suits my actions, if you know what I mean :DI haven't tried San Andreas yet, only because I'm playing games less and less. From what I've heard, it does deserve my attention, but it will have to wait a few more months.