xisto Community
xboxrulz1405241485

Quicksilver Forums Faster Than phpBB By 15%!

According to one of the lead developers of Quicksilver Forums, he ran a test and found that QSF is faster than phpBB:

A test conducted on https://sourceforge.net/projects/qsforums/ with 1000 hits each on a sample page for phpBB and Quicksilver Forums.

The generation time for Quicksilver Forums: 1629 milliseconds. For phpBB: 1927 milliseconds. See the raw data here.

QSF is feature packed, easy to modify and 15% faster than phpBB. Which forum software would you choose? The QSF 1.1.6 release is just days away and includes speed improvements!

Source: Quicksilver Forums is 15% faster than phpBB

xboxrulz

According to one of the lead developers of Quicksilver Forums, he ran a test and found that QSF is faster than phpBB:

Source: Quicksilver Forums is 15% faster than phpBB

xboxrulz

I think I have seen this post before but I used to use Mercury and I guess now they call it quicksilver, and although at 398 milliseconds faster I really don't think many prople would notice, but what they might notice are the many features that come with phpBB and the support that it gets. I think I first used it in 1998 and also used Invision when it was free and actually liked Mercury over Invision (this is when invision was free). Then in 2003 I started playing with Yabb now SMF and phpBB and some others just kind of seeing what they all did and to this day still use phpBB and my free versions of Invision (prior to September of 2004).

Yeah I think I can wait the longet time that is imperceptable for script execution that is required by phpBB over Mercury or Quicksilver.

According to one of the lead developers of Quicksilver Forums, he ran a test and found that QSF is faster than phpBB

I've never heard of Quicksilver Forums before xboxrulz - are they any good? Also, can you please send me their website so that I can try them out and compare them to phpBB. However, I never much liked phpBB anyway; this is because I found their systems too childish and simple. I've always felt that if you're a forum beginner you would go with phpBB and when you start getting the hang of it you go with either Invision Power Board or vBulletin.

I think I first used it in 1998 and also used Invision when it was free and actually liked Mercury over Invision (this is when invision was free).

Yeah Houdini, I really liked it when Invision was running their free service, it made forums simpler for everyone and I really don't fully understand why they started charging people for their services now ... I suppose it's because of bandwidth and space. As for me I've always stuck with Invision; I've still got Invision Power Board 1.3 from when it was free, I just don't want to buy their 2.+ version when it's really similar to 1.3 anyway. What I do is enhance it with a CMS (Content Management System) to increase it's features.

I use custom forums. However I find it NO surprise that QSF is faster as it doesn't have the unneeded bulk (not as much at least) as phpBB.But is it as secure? I hope its more secure than phpBB. Even pre-made forums can have exploits to XSS and SQL Injection (I know of someone XSSing Wordpress).The best forum is not Vbulletin, IPB, phpBB or QSF. Its one you make <_<

There are patches committed very regularly. Unfortunately, the last stable version was in October of last year. Thereby, you must patch it yourself.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

We could use some help if the Xisto community is willing to help. We're starting to run out of developers. >.<"

xboxrulz