xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pyost

Listing Posts In Word Press

I have installed WordPress by using fantastico, and it is fantastic and all. But I have a few problems that I don't know how to solve, because of my PHP knowledge (which is extremelly small).

Those of you who have used WP probably know that it (by default) display a particular number of posts, with the text, if you open a certain category. That can be quite annoying, so I need a hack.

I would like my blog to display titles only, along with links to those posts. That itself is not a problem, but I don't know how to list the titles. Here's exactly what I want. When somebody goes to a category or an archive from my menu, he should get a list of 50 links, and a 'Next Page' link at the bottom, if there are more than 50 posts. What is the syntax I should use? As far as I have found out, it should be something like this:

if is_archive (or is_category)  <-- to check where it ishere goes something, I don't know what<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a>	 <--- this is the linkagain, something is here

I would really appreciate if somebody wrote a piece of code for me. I'll mess with the link, I just need a code that displays 50 titles per page.

Thanks in advance :lol:

Bump, bump, is it possible that nobody know hos to solve this problem? It is easy, and I would like to do it myself, but I dont have the necessary knowledge.

Hey mate!

Try to find some plugin that does just that... a good places to start looking for wordpress plugins is:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and finally our best place: google.com :P

If you stuck with installing plugin just PM me, I should be able to help you out with this one, Im pretty experienced with Wordpress.