xisto Community
Asaf

Please Recommend A Decently Priced & Good FPS Game

anyone know a cool game that I can buy for a reasonable price and is a good game I will play a lot becasue know im just really bored... Can you please help me?

Well im not quite sure wut system your refering to for us to reccomend a game, but I would definity pick up HALO 1 if you looking for a cheap greatest hits game.Halo is out for the XBOX and PC, its also a first person shooter which I believe thats what you mean by FPS. Other games might be Ghost Recon, or many of the Tom Clancy games.Also a really neat game that you must get if you love FPS would probably FARCRY, a realistic looking RAMBO game...

Counter Strike 1.6 is relatively cheap now.You can buy it off steam for around $15.That is a great package because it comes with cs, cs:cz and another cs.Even though CS is older than CS:S more people are playing it. Just take a look on steams website at the server and player stats, it's quite a big difference.You will get hours of fun out of CS.. I can assure you

Well there is Americas Army and Enemy territory that are both high quality and FREEEEEEEEE if you want some online only shooters. For a good single player FPS it would depend on your def of 'cheap'. You can get the non-special edition version of F.E.A.R. for $30 CDN or less already, and that game is amazing. You can pick up a used copy of Farcry for pretty cheap too at EBWorld... hmm, Ghost Recon is indeed a good suggestion for a tactical shooter and you could probably get it in a nice bundle for cheap now since its a few years old.There is really a ton of good FPS' and if you go back a year or more in game releases they'll all be cheaply available if you look around a bit. Maybe if you give a more specific sub-genre of game you are interested in we can be more helpful.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you want to just waste some time and blow some pple into bits, then I recommend quake 3. There are a lot of options in quake 3, and the servers are still pretty lively today. The requirements aren't too high, and it's a great multiplayer game. As far as a single player fps I'd game with quake4, doom3, farcry, halo, or half life 1 or 2. I personally played all of those quite a bit except farcry and half-life2, all the others I have beaten. Most have a decent story and can keep you entertained.Most of those lsited above are probably pretty good for multi player, especially halo. Hope this list helps you.If you decide to go with quake 3 you might also look into the unreal tournament series. You can pick quake 3 up for $10 at wally world. I recommend getting it there rather than off ebay or something. You prob wont' get a valid cd key if you get it from a used vendor.

If you really like stealthy type of first person shooters then i would recommend Marine Sharpshooter - Jungle Warfare. It is an absoloutly amazing game with 10 exciting weapons. You get to use elite sniper weaponary including the M40A1, M40A3 and the M82A1A.The game has features such as a semi-realistic ballistic system which accurately depicts fire, uses a top quality game engine and there are multiple paths which lead to alternative endings. You also get unique weather effects which push you sharpshooting skills to the limit. You get command over an observer which you can use to defend you whilst you are aquiring your target. You also get a use of state of the art equipment such as night vision googles, laser range finder and a GPS reciever.The basic storyline of the game is you are deployed into one of Afica's most dangerous countries to find the President of Burundi and rescue him from rebels and mercenaries . If you do not stop the rebels then the President will die which will plunge the country into civil war.Hope you like the sound of this gameChris

I have to highly recommend Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault. It's one of the older games of the series but it is in my opinion really damn fun! There is still tons of people playing it online too.It's nothing new so you won't need a beast of a machine to run it and if you can get your hands on it, I would imagine it to be fairly cheap too.Oh and just incase your'e unsure, Yes it is an FPS game.

Well as others say, Tom Clancy's games can be quite good. I recommend Ravenshield as it can be realistic and good on multiplayer!If you are looking for something less realistic and more fun I recommend you buy Counter Strike Source or CS 1.6. These can have unusual maps on them that are fun to play!Compuccino :P

Get SWAT 4. Its a very good mimic of the real situations the real life SWAT teams face and puts you in their position to see what it is like. The best part of the game (atleast according to me) is the fact that you have to follow the police rulkes anyway. "Shoot only IF suspect tried to shoot you" So the guns isn't used as much as it was expected to be. But the ingame graphics and life like situations and suspects make up for it.

Get SWAT 4. Its a very good mimic of the real situations the real life SWAT teams face and puts you in their position to see what it is like. The best part of the game (atleast according to me) is the fact that you have to follow the police rulkes anyway. "Shoot only IF suspect tried to shoot you" So the guns isn't used as much as it was expected to be. But the ingame graphics and life like situations and suspects make up for it.

I tried the demo of that awhile back, and I found myself shooting out a lot of kneecaps to get them to surrender, because I'd yell for them to put the gun down, and they'd shoot at my party, so rather to see him "get off easy" by shooting him, I'd want to cuff em and put him in jail. Not always as easy as it sounds :P

I have to highly recommend Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault. It's one of the older games of the series but it is in my opinion really damn fun! There is still tons of people playing it online too.
It's nothing new so you won't need a beast of a machine to run it and if you can get your hands on it, I would imagine it to be fairly cheap too.

Oh and just in case you're unsure, Yes it is an FPS game.

I still take this for a run from time to time and I got it when it first came out :P
It's got a better single player path than most games. You can really get a sense of how it must have been for the soldiers, especially the D-Day landing.

The multi-player is even better! You can do pretty good in it as a stealthy or a banzai, kamikazee, spray and pray. :P since it has three multi-player game modes. A straight deathmatch for a quick firefight, a round based deathmatch where you don't respawn until the next round for a little more tactics and an objective mode for even farther.
There are a lot of mods for it too and I've seen it at Wal-mart for just $5 Cdn (2 games for $10 bin)

Enemy territory is a good free FPS. There's also Open Arena and Nexuiz. All are free and open source. Tribes (the first game in the series) is now free from Sierra's official website. Unreal 2004 is a great game, but just get the free demo. I made the mistake of buying the full game only to find out everyone online plays the demo levels, as they are the best.

I cant belive that no one has said Counter-Strike yet. That's probaly one of the best Fps games of all time it's only like 10 bucks on Steampowered (Idk if I can put links) compared to halo the graphics arn't the greatest but the game play is alot better, even though its a little old. If you want good graphics go for Counter strike Source, and maybe Half Life 2 and then for bouth of those games (CS and HL2) there are hundreds of mods at Moddb.com It's unbeliveable.

Yeah, going on that same idea, I just re-installed Half-Life 2: Episode One again to refresh my memory before Half-Life 2: Episode Two comes out (whenever they actually get around to releasing it ;) ) I love how deep you can get by relating to the characters in the half life series... I feel like I AM Gordon Freeman! It's just so immersing. I really hope they don't screw up the story like the Matrix trilogy did. It seems, though, that the developers are really listening to their fans, so I have high hopes that the series will, some day far far into the future, will come to a satisfactory closing.I'm looking forward to Portal too. I tried out the Portal mod already out for Half Life 2, and it is pretty sweet. If you're interested in the inspiration for Portal, look up "Narbacular Drop" on yahoo or google. Some college kids made a portal puzzle game for a school project, and it's really a mind-bender. It's free to download.http://www.nuclearmonkeysoftware.com/narbaculardrop.html

Yeah the Counter-Strike games are the best. It's the best game for some fast fragging. Counter-Strike 1.6 is super cheap now. But I play Counter-Strike Source. It has updated graphics since it uses the Source enginge, but there are some bugs left that need to be fixed by Valve. CS 1.6 on the other hand has kinda old graphics but I think there aren't any more bugs in it. Go with the Counter-Strike games.