xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jokkesson

Unstable Counter Strike FPS !! why do i have 99.9 fps

Hey, i have a dell computer with pentium 4. 3.2 ghz. ht tech. ati radeon 9700 128.512 mb ram,. why is it that in counter strike my fps is not stabil at 100 fps??its jumping between 99.8-9 - 100.0 ! :lol::lol: help please:) thanks

Well firstly... I think you should realize that having a framerate that high your eye won't notice a variance of a tenth of a frame. Secondly that small of a skip could be attributed to various things... none of which you should care about haha. Seriously I just can't even imagine why it would matter. I assume it's just the game engine and/or the method they use for displaying the fps is bugged (unless you have that weird system that manages to literally be constantly hovering JUST below the sweet 100fps mark). Regardless... I'd say don't are. If the changing numbers annoy you... net_graph 0 :lol:

I really don't see the problem here. As Jeigh said, if you really are annoyed by all those rapidly changing numbers, just type in net_graph 0. It is normal for them to change, as a constant frame rate cannot be maintained just like that. Nobody can help you here, since it is not a problem! If I were you I would be happy that I had that big frame rate..

My FPS is usually between 40-60, average of 50 and I think that is awesome. You really only start to notice the reduction of frames below 36 ( I think thats what my biology teacher once told me ).I heard T.V runs at like 42 FPS or somewhere around there and that seems pretty low, but it does not make a difference to your eyes.FPS in games seems more like a macho thing, the higher FPS you have, the cooler you are. Same goes with ping too. My FPS might be int 50's but my ping is also, in the 50's or lower and thats pretty awesome.

hah, I can sort of see your concern with the fact that your FPS are increasing and decreasing. This is because if you are stairing at just a wall in the game your FPS will jump to there higest because your video card has to draw very little because your are looking at very little. Now if you are looking across a battle field at wall with guys moving around, your video card will have to draw all the characters inbetween you and that wall. FPS really means absolutly nothing, it literally does if you have above 30 fps. Anything higher is just nice, I played doom 3 with 20 fps and it didn't bother me any. The only time that you want something like 100+ fps is when you are a seriouse gamer. Usually seriouse gamers will put most of there resolutions as low as possible because that 1/10 of a millisecond seeing someone really counts. Most proffesional CPL players will have there machines run at about 200 FPS for something like Counter Strike: source. They usually have really beefed up machines because they win tournaments and can afford the latest and greatest. Plus some of them recieve sponsership from companies like Intel and Nvidia or ATI. The average person should hope for around 60 fps in a game and that's good. I play CS: S at around 100 fps but I also play in tournaments and stuff and really need that extra 40 frames but I used to play with only 50, not to much of a difference for the average player. As for ping, Ping is really important even more than FPS because it's your Latency between you and the server. I would love to play with someone in L.A. but at 140 ping that's to low, most people should be looking at the maximum less than a 50 ping. I usually play with servers that are in my town giving me a ping of around 10 - 20 and I am way up north. As for FPS making you cooler, just remember if your a true techno guru if you see someone playing CS: S with 200 FPS. While they play for just fun on the weekend and don't take gaming seriously. Usually what ever money they spent, usually a fair chunk spent on the system and upgrade is worth nothing. I usually just laugh at them, but then explain to them exactly why they are wasting good money on something that changes every day and that 50fps or even 30+ fps is fine.

Replying to BitShiftthe game lags (ping shifts) if there is an fps reduction of below 60 fps AND the crosshair needs 72 fps minimum to open and close normally ok? your a newb gamer and you get pwned so you don't need to have that in mind though ok? thats all have fun while you get fragged TY -reply by and!aou

How come my counter-strike 1.6 only finds servers from 190 and above?? can someone please tell me how to get low latency coz I don't like playin on 190 and above latency please please some1 help me please!-reply by abbz

I understand the ideaOn the first screen when you open your counter-strike should sit on 100.0 reguardless of what graphics card you are usingThere are plenty of reasons why this may be happeningFaulty power supply/ram/mb/cpuSoftware sucking cpu usage or ramTo the people saying things such as "they eyes cant see it blah blah", that is beside the point the issue is this guys computer is spiking somewhere and something is to blame, which can cause problems such as bad regoI have also had the same problem as of recent and I'm still trying to narrow down what hardware/software is to blame-reply by asdf