xisto Community
Zuex

Boost Up Your Computer Speed Lets speed up this old boot

Has YOUR computer applications taken long to load up?

Believe it or not, and for those of you who don't know, there IS a solution! :lol:

http://www.softcows.com/ Visit this URL..

• Download Speed Gear

• Enjoy?

Yes this 'Guide' is VERY simple, yet effective.

Things I know that SpeedGear can do:

• Download Files x2 Faster

• Speed Animations\Applications x2

Yet again, pretty simple, yet effetive.

I hope this helped someone at least..

Thanks for reading,

Zuex

Well that sounds like *BLEEP* to me. Download Files x2 Faster <->impossible, your ISP limits the speed you can download at and I don't know any drive that is not capable of writing data at 1MB/s, so there is absolutely nothing to speed up.Speed Animations\Applications x2 <-> again, impossible. You are limited by the power of the hardware, no app can boost speed in such order, it can only give a 5% gain.I'll test it w/ some benchmarks and post the results later.

okay, this program is just cheating. The only thing it does is making a game skipping frame. It's even this worst that I only got 34 3D03Marks !And downloading onle went worse with this app.

I thought something about this didnt sound right to me, so I didn't download it. I thought the same as Wutske about the download speed being relative to your ISP. And it just sounded like something that was going to take up space on my computer, and eventually cause some problems down the line.

Well that sounds like *BLEEP* to me. Download Files x2 Faster <->impossible, your ISP limits the speed you can download at and I don't know any drive that is not capable of writing data at 1MB/s, so there is absolutely nothing to speed up.
Speed Animations\Applications x2 <-> again, impossible. You are limited by the power of the hardware, no app can boost speed in such order, it can only give a 5% gain.

I'll test it w/ some benchmarks and post the results later.

Im with wutske, even if the program is providing "forced" performance on your computer, I dont believe its healthy for your computer. If anything I believe the best way to go to improve performance is to the roots of the problem, which is changing your hardware. A software does nothin but harm the system in some way or form. But thats just my belief...

just one thing I'd like to share, most programs that promise you to make your computer faster just don't do.An good example is freeRAM XP Pro, what it actually does is clearing the RAM so that other applications have more 'fast' memory to work with. Unfortunately, when the program clears the RAM, it forces other thing the where there to be stored in the 'slow' memory, the swap file.Now what happens when a program need that bit of information ? Yes, it has to load it from the swap file wich is sloooooooow. Even worse is that these programs slow down the computer when they are clearing the ram (if they do that automaticly it can be very annoying).There are only a few tweaks that realy can boost the performance of a computer, like having lots of RAM and having no swap file, or prevent the usage of the ram. For vid-card there are numerous of setting wich can increase or decrease performance or image quality. CPU wise there are no real tweaks, except maybe setting the correct L2 cache. HDD wise there are no tweaks, but there are 2-3 tweaks for speeding up an NTFS formated partition.The performance gain of these software tweaks is marginaly small (except image quality setting for games).The only effective way of 'boosting' performance is through the BIOS (tighter timings of the memory, overclocking, etc...) and by installing the best drivers for your hardware (same here, graphic drivers are most effective for boosting performance).

I tried all the programs and the are just full of crap! the don't help they even make your computer more slow!!!! I tried it and my computer just became slower untill I just bought a new one and this one I won't fill up with crap like these programs... They are also filled with spyware and adware which is illegal.... and what i want to tell is that you won't need this program if you don't install crap that you download from the internet that ruins your computer!Good luck!!!

i'm an online gamer, and about 8 months back, someone sent me a copy of 'SpeederXP' a RAM hacker - I tried it and I was warping so much , i couldnt shoot straight - god knows how it works, but after about 5 mins gameplay i gave that up :lol:

Most programs that claim to speed up your computer tend to do the exact opposite. Or they're spyware. The best thing to do if you really want to improve computer performance is to use a good tweaking guide, and not rely on bogus all-in-one solutions.

Just a few days ago, I came across a couple of articles on how to get the most out of your Windows XP. I'm aware of such tweaking apps as TweakUI and similar programs, and of all the tweaking guides out there, of course, but this seemed different. This was about making XP faster — something I definitely wanted. After all, I was running WindowsXP Pro SP2 on a 1.80GHz P4 machine with a measly 112MB RAM. Speed was a definite must-have. To make a long story short, I did the tweaks as instructed and I'm well pleased with the results. My XP is running faster — and no, it's not just my imagination. =^^=

Here are the articles in question:

(Note: Practically all of the tweaks listed require Administrator privileges for them to work.)

10 Simple Ways To Speed Up Windows XP

10 Intermediate Ways To Speed Up Windows

More Ways To Speed Up Windows XP

There you go. I hope these articles work as well for you as they did for me. It's been several days now since I've tweaked my XP and I'm still giddy about the results. It's almost unbelievable, really. We finally have a tweak guide that works. =^^=

Cheers! =^^=

Yep that's pretty much correct, and for nVidia users there is the TweaksRUs modified nVidia drivers and the Omega's for ATI users.Generally they tweaked nVidia/ATI drivers for the better (image quality and performance wise).Also alot of those XP Tweak Quides share alot of the same information but I haven't found any real bogus material yet, it's just annoying to have to tweak this stuff every clean install of Windows XP.

Last time I downloaded anything like that it screwed my PC up so much it kept turning itself off every 5 minutes.My solution is every week or so, run some "computer house keeping" by running a scandisk, virus scan, registry cleanup, anti-spyware scan, get all of your virus definitions up to date, disk defragment, etc. It keeps my computer running smoothly, and with 256mb of RAM and a Pentium 2 processor I can't let things slip otherwise it's irreversible. My old computer is rotting under the stairs now. I can't use that any more.

I dont want to begin with that stuff...Viruses, Spyware, I dont want thatYou can't download 2x faster, your Internet provider says your speedProgrames 2x faster again, sorry that depends on your CPU and RAM :P the only solution is to upgrade your hardware