xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iZaP

StarCraft - Broodwar StarCraft-Broodwar

Yep.... StarCraft-Broodwar is old classic i still playing this game :lol: i woder if any one still playing it 2 ? :P i know lot of peoples playing on NET but there you can play only with originals cd's :P any one know server where i can play without original cd :lol: actualy i have original cd but there peoples playing to good for me :)p.s sorry for my bad english ;/

I don't know about playing. I doubt it. Battle.net is just the place to play this game. I recommend reading up on strategies and visiting the blizzforums. That's what I did when I was really into it. Avoid playing money maps if you want to really become a serious competitor. Keep practicing and play lots of 1v1 on the lost temple map. Try to be able to be 2 computers. That's a good way to practice

Link to blizzforums: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I love Starcraft. Its stil a great game to play! The best place to play online is BattleNet. There are many good players there but there are also many average players there that can provide good opposition to newer players. Remember, sometimes its not about winning the game but rather learning new tactics from your opponent and experimenting for with your own tactics.But the best thing to do is just practise, practise, practise! :ph34r:

An exceptional title indeed (both the original and expansion-wise). I'm not much into multiplayer but those games sported a fabulous hard S-F plot, hard to find in more story-rich genres like FPP, RPG or even adventure. However, as good RTS as those were, the single-player campaigns were fun while you were able to fight against other races, finding their particular strengths and weaknesses in relation to current terrain and mission goals. When you started to compete against your own breed however, it was becoming a bit tedious.

Still, one of the best RTS I've played, regularly playing a game with a friend of mine from time to time.

On a little side note, hardcore fans may find the following quite enjoyable on their coffee break:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/255273

Edited by xerxes (see edit history)

Its an old classic game, I use to play it heaps. Though, I wasn't too interested in the actual meelee games, I played the custom maps more. These included things like cat and mouse, and a photon defense... Those were the days of fun, though not many people play those maps anymore.