xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snutz411

New LCD Monitor

Well I found myself debating whether or not I want to spend some money on a LCD Monitor...and then I did.I went to my local BestBuy, straight to the monitor section and picked out the biggest, prettiest looking monitor I could find.I ended up walking out with a 19" LG 1932TX LCD Monitor on sale for $329.99.The contrast ratio is 1400:1.Response Time 4msSupports DVI and D-SUBResolution is 1280x1024 (I really like this setting, so anything higher doesn't mean anything to me)Super ThinGreat design since it was made by LGThis is how I like to spend my money although right now I currently don't have a computer that will use DVI. But this is the first of a two part purchase. Whenever I get around $2000, I'm going to buy myself a Shuttle XPC (tiny Gamecube like computers that are just as fast as any normal desktop) and hook it up to this monitor. Then I will be a happy, happy man.

I'm still purring along with my 17inch crt :lol: I'm hoping to move onto a 19 inch lcd reasonably soon though... my roomate got one a couple months ago so I'm kinda having some hardcore monitor envy haha. I walk by his room and the glow is so nice... But yea, congrats on the pimped monitor. Not sure exactly when I'll be getting one...Oh, how is the latency on it? Like do you ever notice any ghosting or unintentional blurring? I've ehard thats not a problem really anymore but some earlier lcd monitors had kinda bad rates, but I think those were like 8-16ms... I would assume 4 is top of the line now (I haven't been keeping up on my lcd facts)

I just bought my 17" LCD LG FLATRON L1717S (1280x1024) monitor and it looks great. (Or it's just that I sticked with the same 19" CRT Lg monitor, dunno, but now I'm not gonna have red eyes, no more!) I heard that in a few years, the signal for CRT TV's and monitors is gonna be cut, is this true? I don't think so, what would happen to the people that still haves their CRT TV's and monitors? I don't think they would sell it cuz the signal will be cut so...

semi-off topic : Meh, they originally stated that 2005 would be the cutoff point for low-grade tv signals... obviously thius never happened. They'll keep pushing it back until the market won't take a huge hit because of it and people won't react too badly to itback on topic : At least you are ready for such a change with a higher end lcd. What I really want is to get a nice HDTV for my living room and hook my compy up to that, mmmm