xisto Community
marretas

Logitech Destroys 10,000 Fake Mice

Posted Image

The Largest world peripherals manufacter, has recent destroyed up to 10 000 mousses who would be sold illegaly in Europe and United States. This action was made according legal statments taken by logitech against "Matador Businesses LLC ( United States ) and Infinite Services HK, Ltd. ( Hong Kong ) based in the ilegal procedures related to the tradmark use. The mousses was public destroyed.

So you mean they caught contraband of their mouses, but they all were fake ? with their names "logitech" or something ? Well this is interesting, but I think it happens quite often, not only with mouses, it is quite a big business to make fake/false stuff and sell it illegally.. Unfortunately :lol:But maybe I got you wrong, but why did they need to destroy that hardware, they could recycle it or something, it would be much better and I also wonder, how did they destroy it ? by putting them on fire ? and everyone like wild were looking at it ? :lol:

The mice were illegal copies that were discovered by Logitech. They were condemned and checked to see if they were really copies. Since it was confirmed that they were, Logitech has destroyed them publicly, by using a steam roller :lol: They have also started a legal suit againt the copies' manufacturers.

This has happened earlier on too. Around 2001-2002 I think Logitech had to do the same in Asia. I'd seen a horde of such mice in India - they used to pilfer in from places like Taiwan.

While they were perfect imitations (PERFECT in the Big, Bold, Black) - you could still tell they were fake from the feel of the body. The plastics used were of entirely different grade and lacked the smoothness or robust feeling of the real ones. But then again these were offered at some 1/10th the price of the real ones - so they found a good market among the segment seeking to clinch deals for ultra-low budget PCs. These lasted you a while - till the buttons gave out. The buttons were the first to go - and then the rotary sensors would get choked due to dust clogging. Unlike the real ones - if you tried too hard to clean the innards, it's screw up the rotary sensors too. Either way, these were more of the Use & Throw variety. They even had such imitation MS mice. I got conned into buying one - around that time.

well, anyway logitech must take serious these attempts of copying their stuff.. At my place logitech gives three years (3!!) warranty to any mice you buy from them... Now with bussiness politics like that you must take stuff seriously... :lol:

But maybe I got you wrong, but why did they need to destroy that hardware, they could recycle it or something, it would be much better and I also wonder, how did they destroy it ? by putting them on fire ? and everyone like wild were looking at it ? :lol:

same reason why Apple destroyed (this was like in the 80's) a bunch of extra computers when they could have been donated to schools or something. it's called TAX WRITEOFF or TAX BREAK. by destroying stuff, you don't have to pay ANY taxes on it. I'm not exactly sure how it works and all, but it has something to do with getting a break on taxes. that's also why most stores destroy stuff after it hits 90% off or whatever they go to. they get tax breaks for destroyed things.

No, don't go trying to destroy your house and/or land to avoid property taxes... doesn't quite work the same way! lol :lol::)

[N]F