xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhanesh1405241511

How To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?

I just started playing CS .. err .. I wont comment but i started playing cause my class mates were into it and i just needed some time out after a days work. And FPS games are my fav :lol: .. Well getting back to the point .. I have played on few maps like Mansion, dust, dust2, poolside, assault etc .. I was wondering if i could make a map too ? ...1) Does it include scripting or programming ? 2) Or what are the best tools that are used ? 3) Is there a tutorial ? 4) Is there a good site out there that could help me with my problems ?5) what are the necessary "Do's & Dont's" of CS map making.6) Compatible with other versions ? ( Eg: If i make a map for CS 1.6, then if i play SOURCE or CZ, will i need to remake the full map again ? )Had this idea of making a map of my college lol .. and using the Dean's Office as a bomb site :lol: heheAppriciate your feedback and help.Regards,Dhanesh.

I used to make maps for CS, I think it was around 1.3 (way before Steam). Anyways, beware, it's an insanely difficult task, not to mention that after at least a few months of lots of trying I only came up with a map that has some weird disco lights. Well, maybe that was because I was more into special stuff rather than actual mapping (:D), but whatever.

This is the best site, AFAIK: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here's a great tutorial from that site: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/Tutororial.php?id=50 (even though Worldcraft is up to 3.4 now, I think)

Oh, and you're going to need ZHLT!

Good luck!

P.S.

This might help you too: Valve Hammer Editor.

Step 1- Copy DustStep 2- Add annoying gimmickStep 3 - Repeat:D:PActually I as well would suggest googling on this topic, there are people who have dedicated a lot of time and effort to this topic, I'm sure you can find huge websites devoted to the topic.

Valve Hammer Editor

Just google Vale Hammer Editor and click first link then download then type it on youtube you will find a tut there good luck x)

-DigitalFear

I just read in another forum about a kid in "I think it was texas, who made a map of his high school and it was found out and he was arrested, investigated and released but refused graduation by his School Dept as a result.-Tequila

I got Valve Hammer Editor but the tutorial is confusing. How do I start making maps and where is the cs texture files? HELP!-MeatLoaf

How to use Valve Hammer Editor

I download Valve Hammer Editor but I don`t know how to use it :$ the and the tutorial is confusing me

-reply by Rinor