xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

100webspace.com Biggest liars in the world.

Before I came here to Xisto, I was located at 100webspace.com. Back when I originally signed up for service, they were EXCELLENT! Ad-free, 100 MB of web space, 2 gigs (later they upped it to 3 gigs) of bandwidth... it was perfect. WELL, then times changed. They said they wouldn't put ads on our sites. What a load of BS right there.. One day, I go to check out my site and here is this ad bar thing at the top of each and every page! This ticked off lots of users (as you would imagine after being promised AD-FREE sites). They claimed that the ads were nothing more than 10 pixel high text ads. Fine, I could live with that. THEN, out came the lie of "we're not going to make the ads any larger or put any more on your site." HAHA. Yeah, sure. Next thing I know, there are HUGE, bulky and poor coloured Google ads right under the "10 px ad bar". This REALLY ticked off most of the current members at the time. Later, they soon got rid of the Google ads and put in this "flashy" banner for Openhost.us or something like that. And to this very day, they STILL claim to have "small banners" that are placed on users sites. Oh come on! Just replace both banners and just insert those really small Google ads in the header of each page! I could live with that! But noooo.Point being, they lied to members and after that, service got worse! I mean, customer support got like really dumb or something because it would take DAYS to get a support request filled and they were not the most friendly of folk.My one site at the time was using iframes to display content. Look out! EVERY frame had a banner in it! I tried to make a deal with them saying that if they would just disable the ads, I wouldn't mind placing them somewhere clearly visible, but DENIED. Many users complained about the ads screwing with the frames. Then one day, the ads went beyond crazy. Designs were pretty much screwed and their "tech" (if you could even call him that) was out for the weekend and so the banners couldn't get fixed until Monday (this happened on like a Saturday).My rating of this host: -10/10 (yes, that is a negitive 10)Tips to any 100webspace.com employee: Don't be lying b******s. It will turn your happy clients into monsters and they will want to rip you open. Just start a paid host if you want to make money. Also, have a "tech on call". Then you won't have angry users if the problem can be fixed within 1-2 hours.[N]F

Edited by nightfox (see edit history)

Looking at their site, i can already tell it looks really lousy and almost bogus. For one thing, if you look at that quote: "I've had a hosting account with 100webspace for several months now..." and you try to go to his website - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, it leads you to a blank webpage or some "Under Construction" page. This is the one absolute LAMEST review I've ever seen. No proof or anything just text and a fake domain name.

This also happened with freewebs.com actually. Back then, it was a great webhost with suitable space and bandwidth and NO-ADS. The upload speeds were really fast and there was no need to worry about ads but then they suddenly made the announcement that all non-premium users had to put a little "freebar" as they call it onto their website. Of course, it is your own free will whether to put it or not but if your site has alot of traffic and they find it without the freebar, your account will be suspended.

Yes, I also used this service before I came to Xisto. When I applied, they already had the huge ad at the top, but they were pretty good. They supported PHP, MySQL bases and most other things Xisto does, too. But, there were some disadvantages. \First of all, the PHP mail function was disabled. They said it was because it could be abused, and by paying only a small amount of money you could have it. Nonsense.Next, my web site was down some time, and that really annoyed me. They said it was because they were working on something, but I doubt it. Also, they didn't really host the web site themselves - all the registered web sites would get some of the domains different from 100webspace.com, for example coconia.net and farvista.com.As I already said, they are a good service, but only if you only starting. I guess I won't give it a -10/10, but 5/10 would be fair.

I agree. But for free, what more can you expect. Xisto isn't "free", but it's the next best thing. You offer your time and knowledge and get their services. Xisto is great, and it's hard to compare their services to everyone else. I've had a 100webspace account, and it expired. I used it for development. The limits are somewhat small, and if no one visits your site it's pretty much going to be deleted. Forget "viewing source" to see what you layout looks like. The ads ruin that. Other than that, what more can you expect. For someone learning, it's not bad. Other than that, I suggest staying away from it.Rating 6.5/10. At least it offers php and MySql.

Before I came here to Xisto, I was located at 100webspace.com. Back when I originally signed up for service, they were EXCELLENT! Ad-free, 100 MB of web space, 2 gigs (later they upped it to 3 gigs) of bandwidth... it was perfect. WELL, then times changed. They said they wouldn't put ads on our sites. What a load of BS right there.. One day, I go to check out my site and here is this ad bar thing at the top of each and every page!

Exactly the same thing happened to me nightfox! Right before I found Xisto, I had a website located at 100webspace.com. I suppose they were alright because they had 1GB for bandwidth, 100MBS, 1 MySQL database and 1 FTP account. The only thing that really annoyed me was the multiple ads on the top of every page of my website as well. That really put people of my website and this was one of the reasons I re-located to Xisto.

Point being, they lied to members and after that, service got worse! I mean, customer support got like really dumb or something because it would take DAYS to get a support request filled and they were not the most friendly of folk.

Yes. This was so true. I remember on some places they said that there no ads and that if there were they would be really small. When I created my website, the ads were like all over top and clearly visible. The worst thing is that you can't move the ads to somewhere else, otherwise I would have done so ages ago. And I agree, their support is really rubbish. I posted for urgent help in their forums and what did I get ... nothing. There was no-one ever online and the navigation was really hard to manage.

Looking at their site, i can already tell it looks really lousy and almost bogus ... No proof or anything just text and a fake domain name.

This is absolutely true techocian. Before, their layout was really poor and their navigation links were hard to understand. And about the domains - that was another thing that I really hated. They also had some dodgy sub-domain names that go at the end of your domain. Plus, they were also really long and difficult to remember. I had to use a URL redirection service al the time! And you can't even choose what domain you want on their free service. Your domain is the username you sign up with and a number at the end of it!
But I'm really glad that I found Xisto.com. And for those of you who need a free service - I strongly advise you to sign up for Xisto.com and NOT 100webspace at all! :lol:

Yeah same here, I was on 100webspace.com before I moved here to Xisto. That was exactly the thing that made me move. There are too much ads on my site. They're at the top of each and every page. some of the features they said was free wasn't. In the CP it said I had a free webmail, and hwen I try to use it it doesn't lead me anywhere. I tried to edit my settings and those didn't work. Even though it had 100webspace and has good bandwith, the service is bad.

Oh I forgot one thing!

If you signed up with a domain (I always used a free cjb.net domain), they said you'd get 5 subdomains. After my first experience, I noticed I only had 3 left and I was like, what the heck??

Apparently "www" before your domain is a subdomain. They screwed you right there. Then the other you got screwed out of was the secondary URL. This URL was <username>.SERVER.com. They counted that as a subdomain!!

I still have a website hosted there for an organiztion I'm in. I'm tempted to either hook it up here at Xisto on my account or on my paid server. Might stick it on my paid server because at times, the site "spikes" bandwidth like right after an event! :lol:

Wow, they finally got rid of a larger ad and decreased the size of the ads at the top by a few pixels.

I just checked out their over-filled homepage and here's a scary thought: 100WebSpace providing DEDICATED SERVERS.

Also, less than half of the testimonials have to be real or they point to a site NOT on their network... I mean, just take a look at their support forum... complaints off the wall! http://forum.100webspace.com/viewforum.php?f=2
I guess maybe the "boss" regrets putting up the forum, lol

[N]F

Alot of hosts have told me that they would never but banners in my site, but then they did. 100webspace was ok, until they started putting banners up. The banner code even messed up the Java thing that was running on my site as it interfered with the code. They then kept on timing out the server whenever I asked a script to perform a set of action of a length of time. I guess it was for security reasons, but they timed out my scripts way too fast. Another thing about the banners, they are legible to display banners at any time if you read the Terms of Service carefully, as are many other hosts. And wow, if you pay for hosting you get a T-shirt to advertise them! [sarcasm]how cool![/sarcasm]. They were good before they started to add those ugly banner. It's pretty hard to find a good, free bannerless host nowerdays.

I have yet to have a good free web host. I tried SPhosting not too long ago and the same thing happened to me as it did to you. A bunch of ads popped out of nowhere. I was thoroughly pissed and stopped going to my account. They keep sending me e-mails. LAME. Maybe Xisto will be LOADS better, yeah? ^^

I have yet to have a good free web host. I tried SPhosting not too long ago and the same thing happened to me as it did to you. A bunch of ads popped out of nowhere. I was thoroughly pissed and stopped going to my account. They keep sending me e-mails. LAME. Maybe Xisto will be LOADS better, yeah? ^^

Xisto is better. This is the ONLY forum I'm really starting to hang out at because of the environment. It's worth the hosting!

Update: 100WebSpace has now got more evil. I visited one of my sites to see an Apache "Forbidden" message. I login, and I get the following message:

At present, the status of your account is: BLOCKED.

The reason for this is the violation of Paragraph 11.b/ of the Terms and Conditions (Terms of Service-TOS) for using 100WebSpace's free web hosting services:

11.b/ User accounts may be deleted after 30 days if there is no activity on the account or if the account has less than 2 unique visitors per day on average for 30 days, in order to free unused resources.

According to 100WebSpace's TOS, your account is considered inactive, i.e. either (1) less than 60 visitors visited your website during the last 30 days or (2) there has been no activity on your account for 30 days.

Within a week, all accounts whose status is BLOCKED as a result of the violation of Paragraph 11.b/ will be deleted.

What can you do to prevent your account from being closed?

1. Click on the link "Upgrade Plan", located in the table "Upgrades" on the right-hand side.

2. Choose a plan suitable for you. Plans, for which Paragraph 11.b/ of TOS is not valid: FREE Hosting without banners, Personal, Personal Pro, Business, Gold or Platinum.

3. Follow the rest of your account's upgrade procedure.

Respectfully Yours,

100WebSpace Team

They've started treating their members like cattle. If I had some money, I'd buy 100WebSpace and turn the service around... They are a load of garbage right now...

[N]F

hey there, i understand how it feels to be cheated. when i started out, i too faced such problems but i have a suggestion, you should try http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ myself have a site on freewebtown.com and i love the services. here's what they have got to offer....(am quoting this from the text links that appreas in freewebtown account, i apologize for not being able to type things out on my own). Photo Album Image,Music,Video Gallery Mp3 Streaming Video Streaming Convert to Video iPod File Convert to Sony PSP File Personal Match Profile WebLog Website Traffic Analysis Calendar Weather Site Vote Guest Book Tell a Friend Counter Disk Usage Bandwidth Usage Chat Google Search Google Ad FrontPage® Support Under Personal File Storage Audio Library Video Library Image Library Document LibraryOr maybe you could even try noads.bizi another site coming up there, best part is that they give Php, SSI, My SQL, FTP facility...am sorry but am not sure about how much space. but i will find out and let you guys know.thank you, i hope you find this information useful.

Edited by sindhu (see edit history)

Woah. I think I used to have an account at 100webspace before, but that was ages go, so it's deleted by now. Anyway, they really went down the drain ever since they started their lying spree. 'No ads placed on your site' Oh right. So what might they call those advertisements on every page of your site? Hmm? They're a bunch of liars. And to tell the truth, their free hosting plans didn't really appeal to me. Sure I joined, but I never really focused on building the site. I left because I joined at about them time they started saying all this BS of no ads.

Yeah, that's why their service is going down the drain. Give them a year and most members will be gone for sure. I've got an active website on there I need to move off soon. They are just a bunch of liars... I think ANYONE could run a free web hosting service better then they can![N]F

I know how you feel.... I had a look at their site and it looks very bad and when I go to a service, and it has ads, I go to next one .... i've been doing that untill I came... here ofcourse, I found it via this, some where down the bottom, don't get attracted at the ones at the top especailly "Free_Domain_Site" belove me it is BAD its just they rated themselfs a 10, I was new today or so... I know Xisto is at the bottom but... its the only good one so far

I know - it's so hard to find a good free web host!I mean I'm sure it's hard to run one, but they always advertise stuff and then you sign up and none of it works.Just today I tried to sign up for a "free" site, and it wanted to charge me like $20 for a registration fee.If it's not one thing it's another ... I'm just looking for1) free 2) no ads 3) a pretty good amt of storage space 4) good bandwidth/loading time 5) either supports PHP _OR_ has a file manager [browser-based]so I'm here! We'll see how this credit thing works out ...And yeah, I've been to some hosts that slowly started sneaking in ads... or worse, they just shut down without telling you. x_x