xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jeigh1405241495

Eubonicode Yea, thats how my code rolls....

So I had read about this a fair while ago, but I randomly came accross a mention of it again and found it kinda hilarious and interesting so I figured I'd post about it since (to the best of my knowledge) no one has posted about it.

Eubonicode is basically a final project of some students at Drake University, where they made their own compiler that uses ebonics as a basis for a coding language. As far as I recall it's basically just c with a different set of interfaces, but I could be way off on that one. Regardless I thought it was kinda interesting so I figured I'd throw up some examples of the code haha.

sup{  gimme fibo *****  a be 1 *****  b be 1 *****  putou a *****  putou b *****  fibo be fibo widout 2 *****  slongas (fibo bepimpin 0)	c be a an b *****	a be b *****	b be c *****	putou b *****	dissin fibo *****  nomo}

sup{  a be 1 *****  slongas(a fearin 100)	b be 2 *****	c be 0 *****	slongas(b fearin a)	  if (a videdby b time b sameas a)		propsta c *****	  fi	  propsta b *****	nomo	if (c sameas 0)	  putou a *****	fi	propsta a *****  nomo}

sup{  gimme x *****  slongas (x aintlike 1)	if ((x videdby 2) time 2 sameas x)	  x be x videdby 2 *****	ifitaint	  x be x time 3 an 1 *****	fi	putou x *****  nomo}

sup{  a be 0 *****  slongas (a fearin 15)	putou gettinjiggywidit *****	propsta a *****  nomo}

Haha, as you can see it's pretty out there. I was just thinking how bad it would probably end up if someone tried to make a more straight forward programming language to teach people programming using pretty much 100% english... I can see that making them miss alot of the core concepts heh. Regardless I just thought I'd share this with you all, hope someone finds it ineteresting heh. Lates.

well I would say the guys a coding genius if you can do the coding to program a compiler like that and build working programs off that complier using that coding that would be forshizzling right there.