xisto Community
crazymatt

What Is The Best Advertising Network For Your Site ? Tell me what you think

So what one really is the best to put on your website google adwords, Yahoo or bidvertiser? I know there are always new ones coming out but there has to be a best of the best one. I do use bidvertiser but a lot of people use google and yahoo.So my question is what one would you put on your site and why you think they are better than the others. :o

Google banned for false click generation (now if person is earning $100 a day with CTR of 50%+, he will be noticeable anywhere in the company)But somehow the pay per click programs dont suite me. Its better to go for the pop under adv services like pay popup.com

there are lot of them and happily many of them produce good returns. i have used 4 so far and i would say google is what impressed me most....but it may also be because its easy to trust google :lol: but one flip side of google's ironically is they dont look that cool :lol: ofcourse looks doesnt matter much here i know, but if it looked better it wont look sore in your other wise cool looking page. but then who cares as long as it brings money!i dont like those annoying pop-ups when i browse and i dont intend to put my visitors through that annoyance which i want for myself, no matter how much money it would bring me.cheerz!shiv

I'd personally choose Google's AdWords program everytime. Of course, this is my personal opinion, but I think that Google's AdWords is basically the best, most decent, most straight-forward program there is at the moment.

I'm assuming, of course, you're talking about pay-per-click advertising here. Because if we're going to discuss other ways of advertisement, it'll need an exhausting discssion. Plus, I'm sure these subjects are covered on other threads.

Anyway, I'm keeping an eye on this thread, and I'll try to help as much as I can. And good luck with your website. :lol:

Which is better for someone who has varying traffic? Is pay per click better than pay per view for smaller sites, or more centered on regulars or impulse or what. I doubt pay per lead would be good, that's a percentage of what they buy right? And where can I find billing options more suited to me, eg UK post? Or Switch/Solo?

i hate popups and i never go to sites i know use popups so i suggest using not only google adsense but try out yahoo adsense and look at other sites with ads and reffer out from there

lol it really all depends what you site is about i used bidvertiser for abit but it didnt really do much for my site lol but it all depends on your site

i hate popups and i never go to sites i know use popups so i suggest using not only google adsense but try out yahoo adsense and look at other sites with ads and reffer out from there

Many people find sites bloated with popups annoying. It gives a false impression about the lack of good content too. Still people may visit such sites if they trust the name. The game listing sites for example comprise of all kinds of nasty ads. Yet, people often go to them for reading reviews, watching previews, etc. For other sites with popups, most visitors are from search engines. They are less likely to bookmark such sites or visit them by typing the address.

Google adwords is good considering you can get listed at the top of the world's best search engine. Before being aware of the adword program, I stayed out of links termed as Sponsered because it seemed like they would require credit cards and stuff to get through.

The content of a site is the most important factor for visitor retention. Once you have quality content, using the likes of adwords or bidvertiser will improve the visitor count.

I feel google adwords is the best as it sends you the most targeted traffic to your site unlike bidvertiser. Now a days facebook ads is also a good option as they prices are quite cheap and they do send targetted traffic based on people's interest.

As I know Kontera makes your money disappear if you didn't get the needed sum to get a transfer for 6 months and moreover, it doesn't show your past clicks, only in the interval of 6 months, where on lets say google adsense you can take a look the clicks and other information from the first day you registered. :)That's why I don't really like Kontera.

As I know Kontera makes your money disappear if you didn't get the needed sum to get a transfer for 6 months and moreover, it doesn't show your past clicks, only in the interval of 6 months, where on lets say google adsense you can take a look the clicks and other information from the first day you registered. :)
That's why I don't really like Kontera.

Well I guess it can be a good or bad thing for your website depending on how much traffic you get. If you can reach the minimum payout, then before the 6 months then that is pretty awesome. As for Infolinks, I am not really sure if they take back your earnings after a certain amount of time but I do know that the rates for Infolinks is way better than the rates for Kontera making it a lot easier to earn money.

For me, it is Google adsense. I have done some experiments (not much) with other advertising networks but none of them even neared what adsense is doing for me. I hear a lot of people complaining about adsense and google. Many people say Googel is cruel about their policy of fraud clicks and they may ban someone who is specifically targeted and click-bombed. Some people say google migh ban you without any good reason and others say there are better ads than what google adsense has to offer.For me none of these was true or may be I was lucky. It has been about two years of doing business with google and in that perior do time, all has gone well for me. Nothing bad ever happened. I remember in the beginning I had a few problems in confirming my address and identity but it was graciously solved and after that, I never had any problem. I have been receiving all my payments on time. Never faced a delay even on a single payment.A few months back, my webiste was attacked by some hacker and phishy links were produced on it. I was having my first prof MBBS annual exam during that time and didn't find the chance to check the email. My webhost (Xisto) sent me emails about the issue but as I didn't respond, they temporarily suspended my website. It was kept suspenned for about 3 days untile I sent a message to them about the details of the attack. The reason I told you the long story is to elaborate that this suspension affected my SEO alot but didn't affect my adsense CPC at all. My website has lost rankings for almost all the search terms and I am not receiving that many visitors that I used to receive before that attakc but the adsense CPC and CTR are steady. Though my final earnings are decreased because of decreased traffic but it has nothing to do with adsense.So the moral of this boring post I made is that for me, adsense has been the most reliable and the best program.