xisto Community
shiv

Logo Designs I Created For My 2 New Websites rate the logos

hai

this is the first time im trying my hand in photoshop and i created logo designs 4 my 2 new sites.

i enjoyed the challenge of bringing out what i conceived , with whatever li'l photoshop skills i had.

i animated the first image in gif format using gif creator , with images created in photoshop.

the big challenge for me was creating the 'net' as i wanted using photoshop for the second image. im sure its no big deal for those who know ps well as i suppose there would be some specific tool to easily create the 'net' straight away.

posting them here 4 ur kind reviews and comments. i would greatly appreciate each comment on how do u like the look of it and also tips/ suggestions to improve on it 4m photoshop pros out there. thanks in advance!

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheerz!

shiv

hmmm ...

They are just OK :o

However if u are really Newbie in Photoshop than I think that they are worth appreciation :P

Keep it up, and do let us know about ur more samples :o

Regards:

Samya Khalid

hmmm ...

They are just OK :o

However if u are really Newbie in Photoshop than I think that they are worth appreciation :o

Keep it up, and do let us know about ur more samples ;)

Regards:

Samya Khalid

glad that the creator of some stunning 3dmax images even as a starter , finds these OK :P . but i wud hav appreciated a few suggestions 4m u on what will make them better :P ! thanks 4 ur comments. awaiting comments 4m more friends!

cheerz!

shiv

Edited by shiv (see edit history)

i dont really like the second one. not a good combination fo colours, shadows, and font in my opinion. but for what you are trying to achive, a friendly, smiley feeling the first one works quite well. i would be unsurprized it is saw that one on a realy website.however i think you need to look at the quality of your final images. the text seems to be fine but you need to watch out on the butterfly and shapes around it becasue they look a bit pixalated.overall id say the first one is a promicing start.

i dont really like the second one

Same thing here. The first one is much better and more simple. The colours in the second one are to bright and it isn't easy to read it. Also, even though the shadows gives the image a 3D look, here it is better to have a 2D one.

First logo: Very good design, concept and idea. But, :lol: you could change that letter to message folder or something, you know, something that looks more like letter... Other than that, looks pretty ok to me. Concept idea is gread, and colors are lovely.Second logo: now here is a bit problem, I would drop that shadow out, i'ts kinda ugly there, and for sure I would change that yellow color onto something else (darker), as that, change also bottom line color ("catch friends!") - it's ugly color, and there is soo much more better colors. Also followed by this color changes you could change also that net color, from yellow to something gray/white maybe... And that red butterfly should be a bit more smothened, has some rough edges there... A word of advice: Try to use some vector piece of software for making logos. For eq.: Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia FreeHand, CorelDraw. When you complete your logo, it would be easier to put it in Photoshop or some other image program, and than do some additional editing and put it to web. The reason people do logos this way, is because, sooner or later, there will be a need for larger logo usage (billboards, postcards, flyers, memos, t-shirts.. or whatever) and this logo done in photoshop will be too small for printing usage... :lol:

First logo: Very good design, concept and idea. But, :lol: you could change that letter to message folder or something, you know, something that looks more like letter... Other than that, looks pretty ok to me. Concept idea is gread, and colors are lovely.
Second logo: now here is a bit problem, I would drop that shadow out, i'ts kinda ugly there, and for sure I would change that yellow color onto something else (darker), as that, change also bottom line color ("catch friends!") - it's ugly color, and there is soo much more better colors. Also followed by this color changes you could change also that net color, from yellow to something gray/white maybe... And that red butterfly should be a bit more smothened, has some rough edges there...

A word of advice: Try to use some vector piece of software for making logos. For eq.: Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia FreeHand, CorelDraw. When you complete your logo, it would be easier to put it in Photoshop or some other image program, and than do some additional editing and put it to web. The reason people do logos this way, is because, sooner or later, there will be a need for larger logo usage (billboards, postcards, flyers, memos, t-shirts.. or whatever) and this logo done in photoshop will be too small for printing usage... :lol:

thanks a lot final design....your review very imformative and helpful. i sure learnt a lot from what you have said.

thanks pyost, organicbmx and samya too....all of you have pointed out the same thing which shows something glaringly wrong with the second one.

thanks for helping me to improve guys!

cheers!

shiv

thanks a lot final design....your review very imformative and helpful. i sure learnt a lot from what you have said.
thanks pyost, organicbmx and samya too....all of you have pointed out the same thing which shows something glaringly wrong with the second one.

thanks for helping me to improve guys!
cheers!

shiv

My suggestion:
I like the nets to be fewer and thicker lines, otherwise it wont look discernable if you have a smaller logo.
The drop shadow for the 2nd logo is not pleasing to my eyes.
Maybe you can add faint borders on the text. The teal text is hard to read.
I prefer the 1st logo better because its easy to read.
The second image u have a yellow text against white bg, and its hard to read, u need more energy to read it.

I'm completly agree!Totally they are OK...but if you change the butterfly's color in seconde one and make it animated I think come better.Also if you change it style's because if show in similar place it comes a little repeated.

The First one is the best , i kinda like the animation you did and the colors are also better then the second one but well keep working on it and who knows how you could end up

In my opinion:First one is great. Good font and color choice. Take out animation and Bevels and you're done, and well done.About the second one I mostly agree with everybody else who commented up until now, so there isn't much to add.

I like the first one, it's alright simple and good use of color. the other i didn't like much because the colors are too much in contrast of each other and kinda obviously noobish. But my works would be at the same levels as urs so i give urs some appreciation.

impressive for a starter, id reccomend before you start putting stuff out that you jsut mess around with everything for a while, maybe look up some photoshop tutorials on the net to expand your creativeness.. good-tutorials.com is a good one, a lot of info there. But your off to a killer start.