xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marretas

Super Earth Astronomists discovered a new earth

An astronomists crew has annouced a new planet with the same features than earth. This cientists belive that this Super Earth shall be one of the extra-solar bodysmore freezen. The tempertures may atchive 201ÂşC below 0.
This super earth its located from a distance of 9 000 light-years from the sun. This planet was discovered in April Last , but only now cientists have more details. According the specialits, the planet , named as OGLE-2005-BLG-169Lb , is simillar to Neputne, weight around 13 times more thatn eartch and his texture equal to earth.
From 170 extra-solar identified planets since 90 decade its probably that this new superearth be one of the most freezing one.

Hhhehhe , this may suport the opinion that we are not alone in Universe, No one knows how big this is.

http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/~microfun/ob05169/

Edited by marretas (see edit history)

Pretty interesting. But why was it called Super Earth? How is it similar to this Earth. The planet in the picutre (which i Know isn't the real picture of the planet) has no bodies of water only desert looking ones. So how can this be like Earth?

evin if it is simular to earth we can't live on it. It's way to cold and if there is water its would be frozen harder then rock. I don't know how a planet 9000 light years away could be simular to earth.

Humm...what I dont understand or like about science is it has to be right...why cant an alien live on this new planet? so what if its cold or hot or frozen, we have already found animals on OUR planet that are weird, like being frzoen in the winter and then still living and thowing out when its warmer (a fish I belive) So i see no reason why life couldnt exsist on this new planet, probably not intelligent but multi cell organisms like plankton in the ice and who knows one day we might venture off to that planet taking with us all the carbon dioxide from our world and dumping it thee making the greenhouse effect to warm the place up abit!Although if its that big then we might all end up looking like midgets because of the gravity :lol:

evin if it is simular to earth we can't live on it. It's way to cold and if there is water its would be frozen harder then rock. I don't know how a planet 9000 light years away could be simular to earth.

It's very siilar to the earth when we look to the earth from there :lol:, sorry just kidding as i don't know where is it like to earth, may be in the new name he called it "super earth" which is similar to "earth".

too freezing for me.. And name super earth? well as you describe it I don't think it's so "super"...

it's so super, super cold :lol:

From 170 extra-solar identified planets since 90 decade its probably that this new superearth be one of the most freezing one.

ppl, please try when talking about scientific materials not to add your own comments or opinions included in the piece of news, you can add it after telling the story and make it clear as it's a "personal opinion or comment"
Edited by XIII (see edit history)

GREAT NEWS. I was always interested in Astronomy when I was younger so this is really awesome. Maybe there really are other beings out there. So... if something ever happens to this planet... we can go to that planet hahah. JK JK. It would be WAY too cold. Looks like Neptune?! My favorite one. ^^

That would be great, then the Earth wouldn't be so crowded. haha. But didn't people used to say we could move to Mars or something? LOL . But how would we all move? Maybe they'll change airplanes into space shuttles and then during winter break and summer vacation people would go to different planets rather than different countries and send postcards!! :lol: lol, that was totally random. :lol:

From what I read in some of the other articles, they have already found other planets out there, this is just the only one that circles it's 'sun' the same distance as the earth. But being a red dwarf star, it feels like Uranus on this 'super earth' planet, because a red dwarf is not as hot as our sun. Scientists will still keep searching for planets to live on because they know ours is in trouble, but they'd have to go a long ways away, which would require some advanced space travel for people to get to it. O.K. now I'm just rambling.

thats cool, maybe there is a super human like organizm that is growing and would accually be able to survive in those extreme tempuratures, it would be cool if we could meet another life form.

neither do I think it is so super at all especially because of its temperature. however I don't doubt of anything in this life, no way. i agree with ERINEKATH's idea... it will be really funny whether was possible to visit another planet and met another life forms. But thinking in the way this world/planet is and how our leaders are so suplerfluous, even that could unchain a new war! excuse me those that sympathize and agree with Bush, but is becaouse of him I feel fear most.