xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shiv

Let Visitors Bookmark Ur Site To Get Repeat Visitors! easy code to let visitors add a bookmark to ur site..

let ur visitors easily add a bookmark to your site. fully configurable, you can specify the url and name for the link.

Notice from szupie:

Step 1: put the following script in the head of your page.place the code below between the and tags within the HTML page that you want them to bookmark.

<script LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" TYPE="TEXT/JAVASCRIPT">
<!--

var url = "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ url";
var title = "your title";

function makeLink(){
if(document.all)
window.external.AddFavorite(url,title)
}

// -->
</script>

Step 2:

put the following in the BODY of your page. place the code below between the <BODY> and BODY> tags within the HTML page that you would like to let them bookmark.

<A HREF="java script:makeLink()">Bookmark Us</A>

njoy!

shiv

nice code... it can be used with any browser???? i have a lot of codes like this that can't be used with all browsers!!! when you click on the link to bookmark the page, the browser don't bookmark it..... i will try to use it with IE, firefox and opera, te most used browsers!!!well, i have tested it on internet explorer 6 and firefox, but it works only on internet explorer, i was unable to find the opera installer.....one more thing, you will need to update your code:remove the space between the words "java" and "script", writing "javascript"!!!!!!

Edited by brunomokan (see edit history)