xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

Did I Mess Up My Computer? .exe files wont open

I installed php on computer at one point, then deleted it because, well I'm not exactly sure why but that's another story. Anyway, now my .exe files won't open. I've been trying to download Xammp but it won't open. Do I have to edit the registry? And if so how in the world do I do that? All I know is regedit.

How did you delete it ? the PHP installation I mean. Moreover, what Windows version you're using, if your exe don't work, why not make a fresh installation and use your computer normally! ? :o I never had this problem, but when I installed a WAMP server on Windows, I downloaded the latest stable php mysql and apache and installed them and everything worked. Maybe the file you're trying to execute is bad ? maybe it is not an exe file at all ? You gave not much info to find a solution..

one more question I have, I ran that zip folder you had, but I can't try to run that Xammp again because it keeps trying to open it in windows media player (because I thought that was where MD5 files were supposed to be opened). How do I redirect it to get it to open right?

one more question I have, I ran that zip folder you had, but I can't try to run that Xammp again because it keeps trying to open it in windows media player (because I thought that was where MD5 files were supposed to be opened). How do I redirect it to get it to open right?

Try to open Windows explorer. Than click on TOOLS -> Folder Options. From there choose a tab named File Types. Then search for extensions you cant open and restore their default program that opens them.

O.K. I checked that folder but there is no reset to default, but the .job folder has an (x) and cant open and my MD5 is wrong, I know because I was trying to figure it out and I was changing it. Can someone tell me what they are supposed to be?

O.K. I checked that folder but there is no reset to default, but the .job folder has an (x) and cant open and my MD5 is wrong, I know because I was trying to figure it out and I was changing it. Can someone tell me what they are supposed to be?

For .MD5 files:

Just googled it, here are a few results (I haven't tested any of these programs):

http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/md5sums/

http://www.vonwangelin.com/md5/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

About that .job file I can't help, never heard of it and I amn't going to google it for you again.