Not as bad as mine!

Intel 33 MHz CPU

16 MB RAM

4 MB video memory

400 MB hard drive

2x cd-rom

I win. :)

62623[/snapback]

Ouch extremehardware! How was your experience on that computer?? :)

Mine is:

Intel Pentium II 300 MHz

64 MB RAM

4 MB Video Card

6 GB HD

16x CD-ROM

Windows 98

My first computer is not that old, but it was a pain to do stuff like open Microsoft Notepad :P

Ouch extremehardware! How was your experience on that computer?? :)

62630[/snapback]

well...

i *BLEEP*ed up Windows a couple of times... :)

it was pretty bad :P

Packard Bell Multimedia R500 (Desktop)-200MHz Intel Pentium Processor with MMX technolgoy, and 32 KB of internal cache-4.3 Gigabyte Hard Disk Drive -32 MB EDO RAM-36 Kbps Modem-24x maximum, variable CD-ROM Drive-2 USB (Universal Serial Bus) Ports-64-bit Graphics/Video Accelerator with 2 MB EDO Video memory-14.2 KBPs Fax installed-Telephone Answering system with full duplex speakerphone-MPEG 2 full full motion video playback with Dolby Digital (AC-3) decoding-16-bit SRS Amphitheater Stereo Sound, Sound blaster-keyboard and 2 button mouse

42MB of RAM on a P100??? noway, thats close to impossible unless you got it waay later on.My first comp was:Pentium 133 CPU16MB EDO-RAM2MB Oak Spitfire SVGA8x CD-ROMCreative Sound Blaster AWE32 sound card (this thing was like 3 times the size of current graphics cards! and had its own RAM slots)...and nothing else, that was it, oh, an Epson Stylus 500 printerI think I payed around $2000 for all that... but that was close to the best computer you could get back then. After that all my computers have been close to mid-high range machines.

sorry forgot the harddisk (where is the edit button gone?)it also had a 2GB Seagate Medallion harddisk,talking of harddisks, my next hdd was a 6.4GB Seagate Medallion, and now I have a 40GB Seagate Barracuda IV and a 40GB Seagate Momentus on my laptop. Seagate harddisks rock! :)

If we're talking about any PC, my first comp was

Commodore 64

I think it worked on 8MHz, had 64KB RAM

Commodore 1851, 5.25" Floppy drive

Two joysticks

a modem (wich I had no use for :); didn't have any ISP's at that, time)

I think, that covers it :P

Oh yes, it connected to a TV... It costed about, well, at least 900 euro's, converted to that time, it was in 89 or 90 that I got it, but I started really using it in '94...

If we're talking about first PC PC, it was

Intel 80286

16MHz, haaad... 1 MB RAM i believe :D

Unknown externaly mounted HDD, 40Mb

Hercules display adapter (orange/black combination)

aaaand, that about covers it :D

Nice, right? :)

Yawn, i already forgot of what my first computer was.... i remember that my father bought it when i 8 years old.. i think it is still DOS based Operating System, you have to type WIN to enter Windows... and the Floppy Disk was also very big. From that computer, i had learned my first programming language, GWBasic and Basica... Lotus 123, DOS-Games, Return to castlevania, Pacman, Bomberman... owh man, that's really a great nostalgic time.

But i think my computer was same as Galahad's

Commodore 64I think it worked on 8MHz, had 64KB RAM
Commodore 1851, 5.25" Floppy drive
Two joysticks
a modem (wich I had no use for ; didn't have any ISP's at that, time)
I think, that covers it

... but without modem... hehehe

My first PC... ;):) Those were the days. It was in 1994.The specs were:Cyrix 486 DX2/66 MHz processor8MB RAM B) 420MB HDDCyrus Logic 5428 graphics card with 8MB of memory as I can remember.No CD.I paid for it about 1600 Euro,so if I had those money now,I would for sure know which computer to buy.Good old days. I had Commodore 64 before that. :)

My first PC was:Intel 133MHz64MB Ram4GB HD1MB Videocard,28K modemcrappy soundcardspeakers that needs batteries14' monitorSlow CDrom (4X??)and the good ol' floppy drive

My first computer was an old ibm, using that old os they had. I have no idea what the specs were, it was one of those all in one units. Then I built a computer with a 133mhz intel I believe... 512 mb hd, I can't remember. Then I built a computer with an AMD k6-2 w/ 3dnow (Not that that helped much :) ) and I had either 32 mb of ram or 64. It had a 6 gb hd. I think. I had an 8 mb ati graphics card, I think 16 was the biggest at that point.Now I have a computer I built with an amd 64 3500+ (had to get the 939, I have the future in mind :) ), 1 gb of pc3200 ram, 80 gb hd, 128 mb ati radeon 9800 pro, dvd burner, and 19" viewsonic crt monitor.