xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MOOSE1405241519

Any Software To Modify Start-Up Programs & Processes ?

you could use the system configuration utility:Click start then runtype "msconfig"click the startup tab and uncheck what you want to disable starting up at boot.You need to be VERY careful what you touch in this program because one single fault and your computer could stop booting, so be careful and only uncheck things if you know what they are

There is a software called Autoruns, a production from Sysinternals.
When you run it, it will show you what programs are configured to
run during system bootup or login.
The programs which are configured as auto run are shown in order.
The one in the top of the list will be excuted first. So you can un-tick
the programs you do not want.
oh..and it is a very small application(210 KB download size only).
you can downloand it here
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

msconfig does not include ability to remove startup program, u can just ignore them.

msconfig allows you to enable or disable program to start-up or not. I can also do the same for services, but I would suggest to use the system-management tools instead.

I'd agree with using msconfig personally. I hate the idea of getting extra software to bloat my system when there is a built in utility with the needed functionality. Although it's annoying that the stupid window pops up after rebooting everytime you use msconfig :lol:

how can I remove objectdock

Any Software To Modify Start-Up Programs & Processes ?

I used objectdock in my PC but now,I don't want to use it any longer.So,I want to remove it out my PC.However,when I went to add/remove programmes,there weren't any icon of objectdock,my PC is little by little slow .Any body can help me

-reply by funsun

There is a software called Autoruns, a production from Sysinternals.When you run it, it will show you what programs are configured to
run during system bootup or login.
The programs which are configured as auto run are shown in order.
The one in the top of the list will be excuted first. So you can un-tick
the programs you do not want.
oh..and it is a very small application(210 KB download size only).
you can downloand it here

Microsoft bought out Sysinternals a few months ago, so the AutoRuns utility is now available from Microsoft Technet.
It looks like the program has been updated recently.

There are also other programs that have similar or addition functionality available. A quick Google search would turn up numerous results.

I've had bad experience with this (I think I took the shell (explorer.exe) off the start list), so at max, get HiJackThis, it only offers a few startups to remove, and I've always noticed them to be user-related.

Msconfig is included with all versions of windows XP and is good for the purpose. Click on the start menu, find the option "Run..", and type in msconfig. It includes several tab for most of what you need.

As stated before MsConfig is probably the best way to do this. Sometimes however it doesn't work (I don't know the exact reason but it seems to miss some files). To fix this problem you should start up Windows in safe mode (press F8 at startup) then try MsConfig again. If the service continues to startup then try RegSeeker (it is freeware). For some programs if you delete the Startup entry rather then just disabling it then the program doesn't startup anymore (I’m not exactly sure why simply disabling a program doesn't always work). If the program continues to run, head on over here and be the first on your block to use Linux.

As always, while using MsConfig or RegSeeker, be careful not to turn off necessary programs as they might make your system unstable.

Hope this Helps,

Sparkx

Sure go start and go to run and type in "msconfig" without the quotes and go to startup and unclick the programs you don't care for i do it all the time cause when you install a program it adds crap to start up you don't even need i hate that.