xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pyost

Compiling Help

OK, so I am a complete newbie when it comes to compiling stuff, especially since I use Windows XP.

I downloaded Mimitex, which is a script that creates mathematical equasions online. Something like Latex, except it doesn't need server-side scripts. The package I downloaded contains a few files and a readme file. As far as I understood it, it is necessary to compile to files with a command in UNIX shall - maybe I am wrong. Since I wasn't able to do it, it would be really nice if somebody did it instead of me :o

Here are all the files: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If somebody makes it, please upload the outputted *.cgi file. There is a short explanation what should be compiled.
Note: There are three options when compiling, I need the first one.

Thanks

I cannot access rapidshare easily , but i think you should be able to compile stuff easily. If its a configure/make/make install utility then its using GNU autoconf (most probably with gcc/g++) to compile C/C++ (POSIX mostly these days)applicationAll you need are make , g++ gcc in this case . You have two options on Windows , Cygwin and MinGW. Why dont you give them a look and see what happens.

I tried with MinGW, but my knoweldge is extremely small. I couldn't even start it! I've tried starting all the executables and all I got was a glimpse at a DOS window - it just does something and closes. That's why I need someone else to do it :P

~edit~

Forget it, a friend who uses Linux did it. And you know what - it's working! Finally a way to write formulae in IPB 2.0.0 :o

Here's how it looks: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/=(x-y)(x+y)

Edited by pyost (see edit history)