xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marretas

Giant Asteroid In Earth Course

Sadly, Religion is against us...

May 4th of 2012,

Unfortuantly The Mayan Calendar Ends in 2012, speaking of Destruction and Fire.

also :o look

May

Mayan

:P

Somone Hug me were gonna die :o

1 in a 1000 is a better chance than an airplane crashing ( which is 1 in a billion!)

I take it this is one of those "kill everything" asteroids? It'll never happen lol, they keep saying it will and it never does. *Crosses fingers* Mind you, we won't care anyways, we won't be around :o

In some point u are right! but i think if the world someday will End, this may be a very probably cause. Dont forget that this giant asteroid has a probability 1/1000 witch is very dangereous. I wonder how does a guys feels when takes with an giant asteroid in the head ? . But if hits earth its only in 96 years, and i'm almost sure that will be here to taste it. LOL

he wouldnt even feel it, he'd be crushed faster than he could really notice just walking on the groundAlso the shock wave and storm of energy, dust and destruction would flow in a wave for miles. blowing anything in its way apart.96 years is a lot more than 6 as well

Of course 96 is a lot more than 6 >_< STill though, the thought of it is scary as heck. Even though most of us, if not all (And only counting those who are aware of their surrounds, so babies don't count) who will still be here, will have to face something like this haha. It's scary to even think about it, and if it actually happened now. What would you do if it was 1 month left before it hit?*Thinks of a million ideas ~_~*

While I agree with those saying most of us will be dead by then (unless they make enough new meds and biotech's to keep us kicking until much higher ages then are common now) I imagine they'll be able to find a way to divert and/or stop and/or destroy this asteroid by the time it actually is going to pose a threat. I mean think of how much our tech has advanced since 100 (well 96) years ago. I'm sure our kiddies and grand kiddies will be able to find a way to survive.

Hahaha that's actually what came into my mind as I was typing that out. Although I'm sure they'll have a more accurate method of doing such a thing by then, I'm sure if this becomes a viable threat to the races survival they'll find a way to stop it.

North-American Cientists predicte that Asteroid will collide with earth aproximitly in a centuray. 4th May 2102The colision risk is 1 to 1000. :o

Not another one! Scientists come up with so many statistics and most turn out to be wrong. But what proff do they have on this theory ... I mean, they can't just predict that an asteroid or a comet will hit the earth. And even if it does, I don't think that we have any worries with it. If the odds are against us then the next 2 or 3 generations will be the ones in trouble.

Wow..Even the thought of this being true scares me. If the scientists really are correct then id start packing my bags right now! Hang on.. It'll destroy the ENTIRE EARTH???This just cant be right. If something that big is on its way here and its gonna hit in 100 years.. then how come the scientists know that its heading this way?! I mean wont ut be too far away for them to be able to realize its existance? If its really big enough to hit the earth then im really scared. Being that big its speed must be magnanimus. This means that the scientists might be wrong and that the Meteor might actually hit long before the predicted time. :oIm worried...

Wow..Even the thought of this being true scares me. If the scientists really are correct then id start packing my bags right now! Hang on.. It'll destroy the ENTIRE EARTH???
This just cant be right. If something that big is on its way here and its gonna hit in 100 years.. then how come the scientists know that its heading this way?! I mean wont ut be too far away for them to be able to realize its existance? If its really big enough to hit the earth then im really scared. Being that big its speed must be magnanimus. This means that the scientists might be wrong and that the Meteor might actually hit long before the predicted time. :o
Im worried...

The Asteroid itself doesnt destroy the Earth, it brings the end.

When somthing of this scale hits, a wave of energy for 160 miles destroys everything, followed by a wave of wind at 400 MPH and exceeding 200 degrees Celsius.Setting everything it touches in its path into flames

FInally the dust and etc. particles block out the sun, triggering a World Wide Ice Age.

this is only a theroy however

Its also true a asteroid hits every 50-100 years, just the earth recovers from it,

The title is true, were gonna die is a theroy, there are rougly 5-10 Asteroids within the Earths orbital course

Well ... if the asteroid holds its course, which could change between now and its expected arrival, it'll probably smash the earth to bits.But I would be about 130 years old when that happens, assuming of course that I'm still alive.Then again, I've heard about potential asteroid collisions with the earth all my life. It seems like scientists are always coming up with this doomsday prediction, but it hasn't actually happened yet. So. If it happens, fine. I'll die just like everybody else. But if not, well, I guess I'll still be sitting here listening to scientists try to scare the snot out of us all every few years or so *smirks*

Interesting topic, and subject to mathmatical and or physical error, and given in such a timeframe that it is more than likely just a theory, and of course it could not be fact becasue those have already happened or can be proved by experimentation (or testing) that can be repeated by using a set of criteria that must be followed. There is also the uncertaintenty factor.This I do know that there is a bomb that has been created called the cobalt bomb, which in theory is so powerful that they are afraid to test it becuase it could destroy the entire earth in the process of testing it, and they are afaraid to test it even in space.But if we knew the trajectory of an astronomical body that was heading in a direct collision course with earth we could place one or more of these bombs in a ship that launched a missle with such warheads to explde within a couple of thousand miles of the body (which was at least a million miles from earth) and then one of tow things will happen, we will know that the bomb is really powerful and would have blown the earth up and did in fact destroy the threat, or it was a dud and just made a big mess and perhaps did not do anyting at all to the threat. Of course there is a third and possible forth possible with number three being that the blast did ifact destroy the incoming threat but the effects of the blast were also coming our way to knowck the earth out of it normal wobbly orbit around the sun and we would wtill all die a quick death, only the governments of the world or at least those in the know would not let us know of the impending doom. The forth possibility is that the bomb would in fact destroy the object and everybody would be happy only to find that a study from some more pointy heads would state that the result of the gravitational forces of the solar systen were so disturbed that the earth was placed into a different orbit that eventually would sling us into another galaxy and we would all still die once the sling took effect, and they are still working on the math and physics of it to let you know how bad it is gonna be. Good thing I won't be around to see or feel it.