xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marretas

Lol MS Excel Is/Was A Virus

Thanks to a McAfee update the users was warned by them that Microsoft Excel is a Virus.Last Mars, 10 2006 Microsoft Excel was pointed as W95/CTX Virus. This mistake happened because an error accoured with the new definitions sent to users.McAfee solved the problem a few hours later, thanks to the complains sent by a large group of McAfee Clients.LOL, I thinks is Funny , LOL

Haha, good one :o I wouldn't expect something like that from a big company. But when you look at it, Microsoft Excel is a virus! It's used for a plan to rule the whole world :P

I doubt its a problem with the company, maybe its a virus you downloaded. Just remember Companys aren't going to send out viruses. Also think Microsoft owns Excel and wouldn't dream of loosing their customers.

Well we could agree that guy got fired for that one, but yeah M$ would be stupid enough to plant a virus into everyone's computer just to see what everyone is doign and spy for the governments.

Hhaahaa, its so funny and this is because true. Excel is Microsoft's product, now McAfee think Excel is virus.That meant McAfeee thinks MS product is bad.Now, there are more reason to give Microsoft Office and use OpenOffice...haha :o

That sure was a good one. I can imagine a McAfee user, happily going about his/her business when all of a sudden, every spread sheet is blocked by the anti-virus from being opened because they're all quarantined. Now, that would sure put quite a lot of people out to roast McAffee. I'm actuallysurprised that no one's gone about claiming massive damages as yet. Coming from a reputed company, one trusted to safe guard one's computer, something like this is very serious indeed. In fact, at that level of professionally running a firm, there has just got to be some sort of multiple redudency system where there is a multi-point check against errors like this.

I would think that they would have double checked the definitions also but they weren't the only anti-virus company that had problems lately. Norton had a major problem after an update a few months ago. It was so bad that the Local computer shops stopped selling their product untill Symantic fixed the problem.