xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evion

What's Wrong With Firefox?

I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately but that is because I've just reformatted my computer and everything just seems to be going all wrong.

This time, its because FireFox won't load any of my pages correctly. Everytime i try to load a page that becomes a little too image heavy, Firefox will stop loading the images completely. I've tried right-click view image and i see it there so that means it isn't the webpage's server problem. This also happens with tons of other sites that i go to.

Here's a screenshot:

Posted Image

It's in GIF format as i wanted to make it as small as possible. So really, what's the problem here? The webpage works perfectly in IE. Do i need to do some tweaking?

Any help is appreciate thank you!

THis might be a dumb idea here, but have you checked your image loading settings in FF to load images from other sites (eg. You visitid Google.com and the image is hosted on googles.com then it won't load because it's not the original websites' URL)Sorry for the messed up structure of this answer but I have a migraine. :o

Hmm, I don't think it has to do with blocking external images, since the "California Fleece" image at the top didn't load completely. Maybe it's because some settings in your "about:config" has gone wrong. Maybe it's not letting Firefox load pages that are over a certain file size. Do you have any problems with flash sites?

If you don't have any special settings you want to keep, I think the easiest solution would be to start a new settings profile in Firefox. You can do that by going to Run... and type in firefox.exe -profilemanager.

By the way, what's that bar at the top center? It looks like the dock for Macintosh.

You could check to see if any program is conflicting with it, go over your settings in firefox again, make sure you have set it up right and also if you have a firewall on that might be blocking some of the connections so you might want to have a look at that too.~HellFire

Hmm, I don't think it has to do with blocking external images, since the "California Fleece" image at the top didn't load completely. Maybe it's because some settings in your "about:config" has gone wrong. Maybe it's not letting Firefox load pages that are over a certain file size. Do you have any problems with flash sites?

If you don't have any special settings you want to keep, I think the easiest solution would be to start a new settings profile in Firefox. You can do that by going to Run... and type in firefox.exe -profilemanager.

By the way, what's that bar at the top center? It looks like the dock for Macintosh.

I've tried everyone's suggestions and it seems creating a new profile actually helps. There must've been something wrong with the installation of some sort? Ah well, thanks again everyone.

Szupie, the "bar" is called Objectdock. It's a starware product just type it in Google and you have it. It's a great alternative to zooming all your windows down to double-click the things you want to open. :o

I've noticed a problem in mine as well, using version 1.0.7, supposed to be bug-free and stable. after a little while, i can't copy text anymore from anywhere in firefox, and also it insisits that i need to enable javascript to view certain pages. though javascript is enabled and all related permissions are set to minimum. it's never been an issue with any previous versions of firefox that i've used, and so i have to fall back on internet explorer for web sites that rely on scripting to navigate.