xisto Community
CaptainRon

A Gmail Sign Up Webpage really needed

I think a kinda page is needed where people can post their email addresses so that they recieve a gmail invitation on that address.The person who posts his email address, basically routes a request to an already existing member(s). The member sends him an invitation and acknowledges it (so that not all members end up sending invites).This would, for the time being, act as a sign up page for Gmail. I know so many newbies on net who have to do way with services like yahoo and hotmail (when no one actually needs them with gmail around).

There is no need for that. There are many web sites that send invites. One of them is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. I requested an invitation from them maybe a year ago and they had a lot left. But now they've got only 17 left, so hurry up!

Then i'm better than them?, i have nearly 95 available for now.

i think google stopped to give people abilliy to send invitations to others, they are into making the sign-up page, soon will be no need to invitations. :o

Well, it's not really god to create a sign up page, because they probably wouldn't be able to handle it. They might have a lot of space, but it would be a big boom if they allowed registrations. They would probably get overloaded.

Well I think it's a good idea for Xisto. Anyone wanting Gmail invitations, post their email address in their thread, and whoever sends an invitation can acknowledged it. Maybe we could ask a mod to check the thread and delete the done with threads?

It looks like that they want to make good interst in people for their mail . They are giving it free but from registered users only but soon they shall start the direct signup from the site as now the purpose is over hipe has been created ....I dont think that there is a problem of space with them google has not deleted any thing since its born......

I have presently two GMail accounts. With all the feature I do not see the necessacity of having more GMail accounts.-It gives 2.5+ GB inbox space, so space cannot be the reason-It has the neat labelling feature, that when coupled with the filter leaves your inbox totally organized.-It has a great SPAM filter. I have found only two or three mails in a month come through their SPAM filter.I love GMail. Ok. I would better stop before I start hallucinating and rambling.

Well, I've added exactly the thing you asked to my website : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've set up a form that allows you to enter your Name and Existing Email ID. It comes to me. It gets processed in a database, which checks whether the information is genuine (Whether the Email ID is valid & Name is not nonsense) then if it passes all the tests, it comes to my Gmail Inbox, where I promptly send an invite to genuine requisites!

Well, I got 99 invites left with me and I don't imagine thousands of people will be coming to my site asking for invites and I'd have to handle loads of traffic then. But its fine for me - I've served 11 people till now...

Herez my contribution, dont know if this is legal so i wont start unless the go is given. How about everyone send invitations to themselves and just add the link here as below. This would make things far more easier, infact, once in a month clean up on this page can also be done by the mods, by changing the Links to "non Clickable" or changing the color etc ..

Invite 1

Invite 2

Invite 3 .... etc

The invites SHOULD be wraped in quotes and made easy for members to see and click.

Note: .. the first invite is a live link :(

Regards

Dhanesh.

Please check my forum: http://www.funlokam.com/

Started the forum for just funny pictures!

Now giving Free Gmail and Orkut Invitations from there!

Please post a reply here!

You wil soon get a new Invitation from any of the 350 members there!!

You can create one Google Account ( Not Gmail Account) from here:

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2FManageAccount

But, If you need to get gmail, you need to get one invitation from an existing user!

US, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Newzealand, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey persons can get gmail accounts without an invitation!

they can join there by using SMS!

Link is here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

But its not yet launched for other countries!

More Details Here

Well, it's not really god to create a sign up page, because they probably wouldn't be able to handle it. They might have a lot of space, but it would be a big boom if they allowed registrations. They would probably get overloaded.

Well, not really. If they really wanted to make sending Gmail invitations part of their business, then they could just make several accounts and send invitations. I have more than one Gmail account, and they all have the ability to send invites. Although personally I wouldn't suggest this, since that means creating tens of thousands of Gmail accounts for no good reason. If Google finds out...I don't know. They might consider it somewhat akin to spam. XP Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)