xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evion

Video Driver Error? Please help

Recently, I've been encountering several problems with my computer. One of those is that when i play a game, say MapleStory that uses up the whole screen, sometimes it would just hang for a second or 2 and restart the computer. Each time this happens, i send the error report and (surprisingly) Microsoft have found a solution which i do not understand.
This is the link to the error report:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
So how do i resolve this issue? It's very irritating and i have a gut feeling that this has something to do with Virtual memory and the new Graphics Driver i bought (SAPPHIRE RADEON 9250 - 256mb DDR memory plugged into AGP port.)

If anyone can help me with this I'll be very grateful! Thanks in advance!

Try and see if the video drivers installed properly.You could also try and get the 2nd newest release.What that error from Mircrosoft said was that the driver was trapping the program and causing errors. So you need to change your drivers or do what they say and decrease hardware acceleration.Personally i'd try changing the drivers, and see if you can get them from sapphires website~HellFire

I tried everything you said, but it still didn't work. In the end, i had no choice but to backup my files and do a complete reformatting of my computer. It's not so bad, seeing that my computer has lasted 2 years already and is ready for a reformat. Thanks for your help though. There seems to be no problems at the moment.