xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

Getting Cups

OMG, I knew this was going to come! Basically, this is my network:Win Comp + Linux Comp ---> Net Hub ---> Router ---> Win Comp2 ---> WirelessMy printer is attached to Win Comp2 and apparently I need CUPS. Their site has me in circles... I'm confused with what they're saying... I had an easier time getting my video drivers installed, lolThanks for the help![N]F

to get cups type:sudo apt-get install cups

xboxrulz

Hmm... in the terminal I get the following:
Package cups is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source.
E: Package cups has no installation candidate

[N]F

Just keep in mind that have CUPS running doesn't neccessarily mean that your printer will work under Linux. Some printers like Lexmark and I think Dell just WILL NOT work under Linux. You might want to check this out before going through all the trouble just to get CUPS working.