xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pomjim

Mac Os X Hacked Under 30 Minutes!

According to this report on ZDNet Macs are easy to get into, as there are LOTS of unpublished vulnerabilities, and Macs are "easy pickings".

It appears that the main reason Macs are safer is merely because they are such a small segment of the computer market.

wow, funny thing is that it is based on UNIX, and I haven't heard of a UNIX based machine cracked in less than 30 minutes. Linux takes weeks, I've heard.

xboxrulz

well, the difference between us Linux users and Mac users is, well... our OS is open source so I'd hope they would be a little more secure, lol

According to this report on ZDNet Macs are easy to get into, as there are LOTS of unpublished vulnerabilities, and Macs are "easy pickings".

It appears that the main reason Macs are safer is merely because they are such a small segment of the computer market.

Actually, I would think they've got to be right under Windows. I remember the first time I even heard of Linux. It was like two years ago, no joke! I was like, what the heck is that? and here I am today, on Linux! :o I guess Apple figures that the majority of "hackers" are going to be going after Windows systems since MS is allways announcing new holes before they circulate a patch and get a lot of people updated. At least Apple has the right idea, just not enough programmers to fix the holes.

[N]F

Linux can be had in minutes if the system isn't configured correctly. *iux's are harder to gain control over, but not impossible. Even OpenBSD can be had. Any machine attached to a network can be hacked no matter the OS. The only OS that I has never been "offically" hacked would be Cray and AIX. I'm willing to bet that there are agencies out there that can take down either of those two platforms if they wanted. One reason why you don't hear the same rambling about Linux is that if a problem is found with say, Red Hat, then those not using Red Hat say: "Well that's with Red Hat...I run Slackware you poor fools". And even then the term "hacked" can mean a lot of things without mention of specifics of how it was done.