xisto Community
heavensounds

Rome: Total War What do you think about it?

I just got this game and I was really expecting a lot, because it is soooo praised on all the gaming sites and I must say it is cool for first 1h but then it gets kinda boring...Well that was only my opinion, but i really do prefer more those old age of empires style games that are not TOO complicated..peace..

Rome Total War is a very good game its just you have to get used to it, i really love the battles, i know the empire building process can get very boring and dull but when you get past a certain stage you will start to enjoy it more when you conquer and kill :) i was addicted to the game for awhile still kinda am but when i especially watch big olden day war movies i come back and play just to see the battle. Personally i think its an excellent game just takes a bit of time and patients.

if you like Rome war games.. i think you should really check out Shadow od Rome.. new game for ps2. it looks very good..think i might go check it out.. i just saw the review on tv and it looked awesome.

i dont know how much you guys are into your stratergies but im going to tell you my expirences of this game anywayI bought this game last year reading the excellent reviews and awards that this game reiceved i had not played a stratergy game for some time and wanted a good game that could get me back into the genrerome total war takes you back to 187bc and ends around 180bc the time of roman expansion aswell as playing rome there is i think 12 other playable factions each with different individual units and ways of fightingsince ive had it ive been hooked on the game you can have huge battles with over 10,000 units at a time and i was amazed with some of the effects such as people being literally hulrled tens of feet in the air by war elephants and being able to zoom into the battle so closely that you could see individual units fighting for life and deaththe AI is intelligant on the higher diffficulty levels as it adapts to different situations for example if i moved a unit of cavalry to my right it would counter this by moving up its spearman and reorginising its battle lineoverall probably the best stratergy i have ever played and fully reccomended to anyone

Played that game and was impressed by every part of it. Its simply amazing - graphics, timeline and the way this game was designd is just awesome. Havent played many quality strategy games after lord of the rings. Especially I was positively surprised by that stop time button - it is just amazing what you can do with it. Imagine during a huge battle where warriors hit each other, arrows fly to their destination - you can freeze the time and take a look at all whats going on from another perspective.

I really enjoyed Age of Empires, Kings (Empires II), Mythology and all of their expansions, but I have to agree with you about ROME total way. The game was made too complicated and makes the player micromanage the game, which apparently many enjoy, but was not for me. :lol:

I play this game, till now. Its a greate game, in this game you could apply Sun Tzu's teaching in dealings with war :lol: I jsut bought Age of Empire 3, although it has a very good graphics but after a few games, i uninstall it. ITs the same style as before. I find it boring.

Yup, Rome Total War is the best. I just got it recently, and it's great. I have to say it's outlasting AoE3 in replay value at this stage. I don't see why people find it too complicated? It's still much easier to play than the Civ games, and the battles are amazing. I don't know where you got micromanage from, smartbei - it's definitely macromanagement with large armies. Age of Empires has a hell of a lot more micromanagement with individual units etc.

I liked RTW was kinda different than the other games i was playing. Played it back on my old PC which was very slow so couldnt really get into the mass fights :P or burn the whole village lol. Was a good game tho :lol: