xisto Community
anime princess

Freewebs Going Down Hill my reason for switching

About a month ago i created a freewebs account to display some virtual pets i had adopted. All was going good. I was impressed with the service. No ads, No downtime, etc.About a week ago a large sponsered by google thing appeared at the top of every page and it was **Really** large and in some really god awful colors. Still i didn't mind...then the other day there were pop up and pop under ads...Ick... it was then that i began looking for another serverToday my website grew too large for free webs they limit you to 20 pagesSo today i decided to try to get an account here.I almost have enough points saved up nowI think this site looks great and can't wait to give it a shot!

Yh im also wanting to try and get web hosting from Xisto as they see mpretty kind and generous, along with the great community here in which you can talk about nearly anything.

It is really hard to find a good freehosts, nowadays. Some freehosts would delete your account without any notifications and start the whole freehosting like nothing happens.I had several not-so good experiences with freehosting but still there are good ones. I still have one that I can not name it here for obvious reason and finally Xisto. I got declined here at first but I'm still here posting and still waiting to be awarded with a freehost and I do really love my stay here.And about your experience anime princess with your former freehost, it happens all the time some would really add new features on their freehosting sites without telling you that they've already installed it there.But there is nothing you can do about it, it's their business. So leave them with their garabage and go find another.

As long as you don't spam, Xisto is as good as they come. Sure i might like a bit more space, but really, 150MB for free, with almost no downtime, and good tech response when it does go down, plus a community who can find you the answers to almost any problem you have ... what more do you want. I tried so many "free" hosts, and almost every one of them had hidden nasty surprises. there ARE a few, but definitely hard to come by.

About a month ago i created a freewebs account to display some virtual pets i had adopted. All was going good. I was impressed with the service. No ads, No downtime, etc.About a week ago a large sponsered by google thing appeared at the top of every page and it was **Really** large and in some really god awful colors. Still i didn't mind...
then the other day there were pop up and pop under ads...
Ick... it was then that i began looking for another server
Today my website grew too large for free webs they limit you to 20 pages
So today i decided to try to get an account here.
I almost have enough points saved up now
I think this site looks great and can't wait to give it a shot!

trying to save some pts myself, im actually a bit happy they have interesting forums... None seem to be real lame and there HAS TO BE active members so maybe I can get some questions I gots answered :o.

So far Xisto is the best choice for free web hosting. The first one I tried was Stormpages which at first I had fun with but a while after they made me pay and they changed their hosting plans so I transfered to Geocities, but the sidebar ad was annoying. I tried a lot more free hosts like Tripod, Netscape, AOL, and all those don't compare to Xisto. So it's good that you guys found it.

Well, freewebs you say? I have heard of that service before!! Yeah... all those bunches of "free web hosting" sites you see listed in Google or those "free web hosting list for you" kinda stuff webpages, you know?Honestly, I tried them out myself because I didn't know about these kind of web hosting where it's absolutely free and without any advertisements!! It's like a real server! But those free web hosting services are truly different, with so many restrictions, ads everywhere - I mean eeeek! popups, popunders, huge banners... - and then like... poor quality service and customer support.I think Yahoo!'s Geocities is one of those really low quality sites. I mean PageBuilder and SiteWizard and those software are great, but hey, really... those sites can't really... function, you know?But hey, I had those websites before and I thought they were the cooelst things on earth :o;) Hehehe, but ever since I saw things like Aboho and Xisto, my view has turned 180 degrees :PIt's like so awesome... first it started with 30 megabytes of free space and I think 200 megabytes of bandwidth.. or maybe 300. But anyway, it was really cool with other web services (which I quit long ago)... but now it's Xisto time :PI really support Xisto... until I find anything REALLY better (which I doubt I will in some time)You won't regret getting services from Xisto :P:o I guarantee!

I'm the kind of searcher, i look for good websites ( i play several MMOGS and i form Clans, Clans need sites to organize etc.)Thus i check places out.Free webs was well, ok... they gave you somthing decent, for decent. But they limit you so badly it isnt funny.Also, i'm hoping that i can get a perfect website Hosting service ( I have Front Page and Dreamweaver, so thatll boost my views) and it seems Xisto will jump in and be a great serviceThe Credit system is cool. Earn credits for diff. Formats :o Back to Freewebs, It was blan, it wasn't really worth to setup a site in. They didnt give you absolutly the worth of your time. Well, i'm hoping i could settle right here in Xisto

I never was really that impressed with freewebs. I used to use them alot a few years ago when I would make small websites with friends. As my websites became more and more ambitious and bigger their restrictions became a big hassle. Maybe they've changed but I don't know. I found this place last night and I'm very impressed with the features and the unique way of earning credits. Freewebs is forever gone from my mind but this place is in my highly recomended box.

I used to have Freewebs for an old site of mine. Back then it was the best for HTML page hosting. No ads, and easy to use. Then I switched to a host with PHP as Freewebs doesn't have it. From there-on, I have been through trouble with many free PHP/SQL hosts. Xisto is the only remaining freehosting community to try. Yet people seem to like it here. So I found the right place.EDIT: Corrected typo

Edited by Guy in the forest (see edit history)

Last week my host disapeared without a trace and without any announcements. thats why i try this one. I tried freewebs too but it really sucks

Yeah, I hate it when companies (especially web hosts) just "dissappear" off the face of the Earth. I've had that happen to me. I've lost some files I'll never see again, that's for sure.

In the past, Freewebs used to be good enough, even with the required text link. I had a few sites hosted there.

I just visited some free websites hosted at Freewebs. Sure enough... yet another lying, cheating webhost. There's the Google ad, right at the top. No one minds text links. Like, if I really need free hosting, I try to find places that will either A) Allow you to link to them, :lol: Force text links (top or bottom) or C) Allow you to place ads anywhere on your site.

Times have changed for freewebs I guess. They needed to generate some revenue most likely. Oh well.

[N]F

Ive tried Free Webs, I don't like it at all. It has many ads and other problems wiht it. Hopefully Xisto will be good :P. I have looked everywhere, then I was told to go here just recently. It seems good so far.

What I don't quite understand is why web providers bother with pop-up/popunder windows still. Most of us use pop-up blockers (and browsers come with that option built in). So is throwing up a bunch of windows that most people are never going to see thanks to their blocking software still effective advertising? Or has it gone to "just annoying" at this point?