xisto Community
HellFire121

Totally Free Domain Names - www.uni.cc www.uni.cc

After ages of searching i finally found a good domain name service. One that doesnt just forward to your url. I set it up in my cpanel as an addon domain with the two Xisto nameservers, and within about 5 hours it was ready for use. Thats what i call a very quick service.Combined with cpanel it is really, a great service.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ :o

you are right, it's great. And you are right, it works fine.I experienced twice one-day off-service, but globally it's fully usable.Of course, you still need your Xisto account, uni.cc only provides a domain.

I use dyndns.org. its same thing but with lots of options. It has an option to mask the URL too , for which it shows a pop-up ad.

For some reason, uni.cc just isn't opening for me. I've been trying for the past couple of days, but it just isn't opening.

I'm trying out to see if we can get the same thing with freedns.afraid.org. If only I can figure out how to use the parked domains thing in Xisto :o.

Edited by abhiram (see edit history)

I used to use uni.cc in the past, it really was one of the best service and lots of forums had a lot of topics about it, but for some time it didn't support dns setting for new accounts, so it got not so popular again. But I think I have about 4 accounts, I logged in and checked, but they all point to my old hosting, so I will keep it like that. But now, when it is not so hard to get a real domain and more dns services appeared, there are lots of alternatives.

I think I also used http://freedns.afraid.org/ they also offer DNS subdomains, but I don't think it is the real DNS, but it works. :o

uni.cc is good ??? .. I registered there about a month ago and i still havent been accepted. I followed all the rulses, but no mail yet. Atleast if i was rejected they should send me a mail stating the reason. Newayz, I kinda liked dot.tk, but since they came up with a splash screen before you open the site, i dont adore that much. Any other redirection site ? like .tk or uni.cc ? i bet there would be loads .. but sumthing similar to these dude to the fact that they are small and easier to remember.RegardsDhanesh.

My account was activated straight after registering.. then in only about 3 hours the domain was fully propagated.In the next 2 days there was a short downtime, but other than that it has always been up. Works great with Xisto too

Frankly, I like uni.cc simply because their domain name looks so clean. Unfortunately, I've discovered that they suffer from significant downtime, which means that visitors using the uni.cc URL just couldn't get into my site. Fortunately, there are other services that are just as good. =^^=

Here are a few of them:

Qer.org (subdomain: user.qer.org, no ads, URL cloaking)

Notlong.com (subdomain: user.notlong.com, no ads, URL cloaking)

YourSubdomain.com (subdomain: user.s19.net, no ads, URL cloaking)

Ne1.net (subdomain: user.ne1.net, no ads on normal redirect, ads on cloaked redirect, ad-free cloaked redirect if linked back)

Kickme.to (multiple subdomains: user.domain, no ads for uncloaked, ad-supported on cloaked)

Shim.net (multiple subdomains: user.domain, no ads, URL cloaking)

Ulimit (multiple subdomains: user.domain, no ads, URL cloaking)

WebAlias (multiple subdomains: user.domain, no ads, URL cloaking)

There are a whole lot more similar services out there, but it's gonna take me weeks just to list them all. All I can say is, make friends with Google. =^^= Edited by Hraefn (see edit history)

After ages of searching i finally found a good domain name service. One that doesnt just forward to your url. I set it up in my cpanel as an addon domain with the two Xisto nameservers, and within about 5 hours it was ready for use. Thats what i call a very quick service.
Combined with cpanel it is really, a great service.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ :o

Do they require something for exchange for their service? I mean for example, banner or text link or something else? And what if the site does not have IP address?
Edited by aciminsk (see edit history)

Do they require something for exchange for their service? I mean for example, banner or text link or something else?

They require nothing. No ads, no banner, no text link.However, remember that they only offer the something.uni.cc domain name : no disk space, no site hosting.

Here are two websites I'd recommend:domainlagoon.com You have to fill out surveys that take "20 minutes" (more like an hour) and you get your own free .com .net .us. domain! You actually have legal ownership of the domain!http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ get your own free .tk domain. Almost instantanious, but has URL forwarding only.

Here are two websites I'd recommend:

domainlagoon.com

You have to fill out surveys that take "20 minutes" (more like an hour) and you get your own free .com .net .us. domain! You actually have legal ownership of the domain!

http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en

You get your own free .tk domain. Almost instantanious, but has URL forwarding only.

If only domainlagoon was available outside the US . . . and I want a free .com domain, too (a .com.au preferably). I've searched for eternities for someone who'll provide a free .com domain, and they simply do not exist.

But, if anyone has seen one, or can get any .com domain for me, stop holding out on me and let me (or rather, us) know!

Edited by L337 kybldmstr (see edit history)