xisto Community
iGuest

Receive And Send Mails From Your Desktop

Hi everybody,

Here are two links that can help you a lot to organise your online works.

These two e-mail servers give you POP3 access and SMTP access, so you can send and receive your e-mails direct from your desktop.

The first one is :http://www.hotpop.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

Technical Data:

Incoming mail server(POP3) is : pop.hotpop.com

Outgoing mail server(SMTP) is : smtp.hotpop.com

With this account , you can both receive and send e-mails from your desktop.

The second one is : http://www.mybestmail.com/

Technical Data:

Pop3 and Wap enabled

Incoming mail server(POP3) is :mail.mybestmail.com

Outgoing mail server(SMTP) is : mail.mybestmail.com

Set your POP3 port to 1010

With this account, you can receive your incoming mails from your desktop.

Both of these are FREE to join.

Creating an account in hotpop.com may take some time so do not loose your patience.

Also you have to configure your favourite program ( Outlook Express, in my case ) to access those e-mail accounts.

Hopefully these links will be of much use for you all.

Regards,

Sid

There is also an individual program called FreePops that will do the same. it is an open source project that i used to use and can be found at freepops.org. i used to use it but:

there is an extention for mozilla thunderbird called 'Web Mail' that will also do the same, but only run inside thunderbird and not be an unnessisary background process like freepops.

and if your favourite email program is really outlook express i seriously recormmend that you try thunderbird [it is free]. get it here. my parents love it and they went from microsoft's 'top of the range' outlook.

...there is an extention for mozilla thunderbird called 'Web Mail' that will also do the same...

I have downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird and instralled it. So far, it has done well. You have indicated that Thunderbird has an extension called 'Web Mail' that will do the same job. Would you please tell me, how to access/configure the said 'Web Mail'. I really knew nothing regarding Thunderbird and its 'Web Mail' extention before reading your post.

As you are already using it, so I think, it will be easier for you to give some more details in this regard.

Thanks anyway for you generous advice.

Regards,

Sid

...there is an extention for mozilla thunderbird called 'Web Mail' that will also do the same...

Sorry for my spelling mistake. It should be "installed" and not "instralled".

Regards,

Sid

There is also an individual program called FreePops that will do the same. it is an open source project that i used to use and can be found at freepops.org.

For yahoo users there is a program called ypops comes handy. I have been using it for past 1 year without any problem.
Visit the following website and just download and configure your mail client as instructed
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

only problem with hotpop is that unless you have a paid account, you're limited to a certain number of messages per day, plus an attachment size limit of 500Kb. still, i have one, and it's useful for all my junk mail.

there is a free pop3 based mail service called bluebottle (https://www.bluebottle.com/). They have a pretty fast and reliable service, and best of all they have anti-spam features.

it works like so, you can only receive mail from people that you white list. if they are not on your white list they recieve an email asking to add them. njot too bad, also, you can choose to have a pass code. say your code was 1234, then whenever someone sends you a email they add 1234 to the subject line and it automatically goes through. if you don't like this, you can turn them off totally.

they have webmail, pop3, smtp access. you can start with their free account and move up to payed mail if you want.

Bluebottle Freemail
* Spam Free Email
* Trusted Delivery Anti-Spoofing
* Webmail / POP3 / SMTP Access
* 250MB storage
* 10 MB Attachments.
* SSL Webmail login
* Email Signatures
* Contacts

the next version up is has 250mb storage and 20mb attachments for US$9.95 per YEAR!! the premium version has 1GB storage and 30MB attach. all for US$24.95 per YEAR!

all in all, a good email provider if your looking for POP / IMAP / SMTP access!

all in all, a good email provider if your looking for POP / IMAP / SMTP access!

i dont know about you guys, but i was more happy using google hosted sites and gmail email service. you get all what you are looking for except the IMAP service. who needs them anyway if you got 2.6 gigabyte of space.

Why not just get a gmail account? I have plenty of invites, just PM me if you want one. GMail supports pop3/smtp, 20 mb attachments and 2GB+ storage. Plus ya get all other kinds of goodies thru google accounts, like calendar, browser sync, reader...the list goes on and on.

For yahoo users there is a program called ypops comes handy. I have been using it for past 1 year without any problem.Visit the following website and just download and configure your mail client as instructed
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've been using ypops and had no problem whatsoever until last week. I can't access my yahoo mail and an error popped that connection was denied. Anybody else who experienced the same problem?