xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-HaRK_TooTH

Tutorial Request: How To Make Photoshop Styles ?

i made this image in PS the other day and i want to save it as a stylebut dont kno how...im a nub at this i knobetter at making stuff then applying it

U can save finished work on many formats of pictures (u know it exacly) but if u save all work in .bmp or .jpg or whatever format and close CS your Styles / Layers is lost ... remember to save final product in .psd .pdd format ..its save all your parts of product so u can change some of it(text shadows colours) in the new similar works :unsure:(sry for my bad english)p.s. hope its good ansfer for you

thanks for the tipsit really help me

[nice tips]

what do you mean exactly by "styles"? I assume you mean something like a template, a standard layout for a sig you want to re-use over time?

Like the person above already said, when you save a project as a jpeg, gif, png or whatnot, it will be a "compressed" image, meaning all the layer info and such are discarded.
That would be under the "save for the web" option.

However, when you want to keep the project, as in, the files, the blending options, the guides, etc... Then you'd best save as a .psd.
Which is under the "save as..." option.

As for "styles", in a little more advanced sense, you can use actions, to let photoshop remember a set amount of applied options. Much like a macro. You can save this set, as an "action". If you look around the web for "photoshop actions" there's a bunch of premade ones you can download and use.