xisto Community
dhanesh1405241511

Ideas For A Website ..

lol .. I feel so retarded doing this, but what the heck. I have a hosting on asta for like 6 months now and i havent started doing anything yet. A new poster would probably kill me for this .. lol :P Any Ideas on what i should make a site on ? (gets hit by a rock) .. :o I wanted to make a site for my friends in college where we could keep in touch after graduation etc, but that isnt working out. any other ideas on what i could make a site on ? (gets wacked on the head by all the mods) :o RegardsDhanesh.

Well, if you don't have any ideas, make something that you can profit from :oMake a web site with bunch of useful things and then put AdSense on it :P Of course, don't cheat, just let it go with the flow. Also, get a domain, so Google can rank you higher. After that just add more articles and watch the cash flow ;)NB: This might not work as stated here :o

Make a web site with bunch of useful things

lol .. like what ? i thought of a blog :o but i guess adsense wont work for it .. i mean whats the use of adsense in a blogsite, would they even approve. I got rejected once lol .. cause i had a CMS setup and was just testing it out with a bunch of cr*p .. so they rejected me saying " it wasent ready" ..

I think i remember saying once, but here goes again .. if anyone wants to use my hosting space for test or developing purpose .. its always open .. m^e .. that was for specially for u guys at antilost as developers.

Regards
Dhanesh.

Well, you might use wikipedia software and choose a subject. That way people may also add so you won't have to do all the work. However, you will have to be careful, sometimes people abuse the phpwiki possibilities.

I want to do sumthing fun and different.

Then you should try making your own software like phpWki :o But I think that would be uneccessary.

Just think a bit harder. There must be something people need but isn't easy to find (and is legal at the same time)

What about a multiplayer free game site ?Most of the network playing sites are single-player sites and after one hour you need to pay.what about designing an interesting arcade game, or word-playing game, and allowing several human people to play one against the other one ?MSN does that whit Messenger, I think there is room for another site.

What about a multiplayer free game site ?

F*ing awsome, nice idea .. but as a n00b in programming and NO knowledge in Game Programming .. i'd take like months to learn and create something like this. I could do it, but it would take time. I was thinking of somthing like umm .. a gallery for PhotoShop designers, tutorials etc. but would the given B/w be sufficient for all those Hi-Res pictures and files ?

Regards
Dhanesh.

There is a great web site with free flash games that you can use on your webiste. They are not multiplayer, but it's nice to play single player too. I think it's http://www.freeonlinegames.com/, or there is a link there. Anyway, they are about 500 - 1000 kB, so you can put quite a lot if you have #2 package.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

those are some places with website ideas for both business and personal sites. Although it would be my advice to read those and come up with sumthing different and creative. That is what will get u a very successful website. But if you use one of those, just make it a good one and unique than the other similar websites like it.

Well....here is an idea. Many used it. You can build your own Fan Site. Like mine :P But i hate those stupid ads. I want to host the site in my livingroom but i can't figure out what i need more: I got a PC (Installed Apache on it), T3LAN connection with more bandwidhth (when i need it i can ask the Network Administrator to give me more....for more pay from me of course :o ) and i am going to buy a domain. You should probably build a Funny creation page in which you can upload funny flash, movies or pictures....you're smart..I am sure that you will figure something out!

Edited by Rammstein On Fire (see edit history)

musician's networking.hands down, the best idea I came up with.see, we (us?) musicians are constantly in need of services. we need new equipment, used equipment, business advice, creative advice, legal help, gigs, other musicians, groupies (lol)...the list could go on and on and on.If you cater to the needs of musicians by creating a sort of Musician's CraigsList (yes I know craigslist already has a musician's area) then your site could attract lots of unique visitors.Put up a forum for musicians to talk, or have easy-access links to lyric and notation websites, link to current eBay auctions of instruments and gear...The more you offer, the more will come.There's a big market for that kind of stuff nowadays. More musicians are taking to the internet (cough, Myspace) as a new way of promotion and communication. You can help them out by giving them another portal to all the things they need....or if that's not your type of thing... or if you have no clue how to do any of that, don't worry about it. but for anyone else, that would be a cash-flow-extravaganza, let me tell ya.

Why did you come to Xisto, presumably for getting a Free Web Hosting service. So, it is assumed that you are going to host your own website once you have registered with Xisto.com today or tomorrow.

To get great ideas for a website you need to ask yourself few questions first .

Now ask yourself
1. Do I want to earn money (Business site)?

2. Is it a hobby site (personal, non-profit site)?

3. Do I want to make a site for R&D?

For #1 or #2=>
Always make a site on a subject in which you are quite conversant, and you can add fresh content regularly.
It is always encouraging to see some people visiting your site from search engines, so optimise your webpages after conducting a thorough keyword study, using Keyword selection tools like Overture!.

For #3
You can consider trying out existing CMSs first and then try to create your own website either from a template or from scratch.

So far as website themes are concerned I'll state the rule of thumb once again:

You must be very much conversant with your website subject, otherwise, it will lack originality and you will find it difficult to maintain the site in the long run.

And a word of caution: "DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SITE TO THE SEARCH ENGINES BEFORE GETTING YOUR SITE REVIEWED IN DIFFERENT FORUMS".

Infact you will love and devote more time to your site, if you get visitor. So try to build a site based on YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE , on any subject you feel comfortable with, share your knowledge/experience and views on that subject with your visitors, that will give you as well as your visitors much pleasure.

Regards,
Sid

Thankx sid, appriciate the help and thought. Actually i came to asta not in a mind to get hosting :( .. but i applied for it hoping i would have something to put up .. even a wallpaper that had my name ( I did that once) .. freeky i know ... but just recently with the help of a few asta members and their curses for annoying them every single day .. ( sorry you guys :() .. i put up a blog ..

Tho i havent worked much on it .. its still a little blank .. but hope to make it better and learn more ..

>> My Blog <<

Regards
Dhanesh.

Edited by dhanesh (see edit history)

You may simply create a gallery with your preferred photos, and show them everytime you are with friends who ask you "show me your girl-friend" our "show me your mother".