xisto Community
kgd2006

Youtube.com: Excellent Streaming Video Site A very good place to find almost videos for ANYTHING...

This place is a good hosting place for videos and also watching streaming videos. I was just recently introduced to this place and was amazed at how a whole 2hours movie can be found on this site. And these movies are uploaded by users for users to watch. You can find almost anything at this place literally. If any of you that have never heard about this place before I recommend you check it out its a really neat site that you will find useful during the time when you want to check out trialers of something or a old movie you wanted to see....

youtube.com is great. i'd say that it is better than google videos. and the embedded player is better than an embedded windows media player video. ive never uploaded to it but alot of people embed videos on myspace with them.

I made an account in youtube to upload my videos. it's at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ just in case you want to check it out.

YouTube is so far the best video hosting site. You can upload up to 100mb. It's multipurpose. I go there to watch videos and full episodes of shows. I also use it to upload videos i need for my site. I recommend the site to anyone.

I visited there once and enjoyed it. I found alot of videos to watch, most of which were very funny. I'd recommend to anyone who have 10 minutes to spare and wish to be amused. A truely great website packed full of videos, all for you to watch.

YouTube is a very good place to upload those clips >_< I'm happy someone made that site, it has some of the videos I've always wanted to see but couldn't ever find until now. Same for google video, they both have so much videos that I can enjoy and always wanted to have without the hassle of trying to find online. I wonder though, most of the stuff they put up is sort've illegal isn't it? Not that the FBI's gonna raid their house or anything, hopefully, but wouldn't that somehow get youtubed sued unless they do something about it? Haha, maybe the world's so annoyed by boot legs and etc, that they're too busy to go after a site that has upload capabilities like this haha.Well whatever, as long as I can enjoy things under the roof of my house without the FBI hopefully not invading >_> then I'm happy to watch these videos.... especially ones with fighting games I'm currently playing... :o

Well great site but I use Google Video for hosting my videos its just to easy upload them and put them on your site so I guess I'll keep using Google Video.

How large can the files be for the upload at GoggleVideo? If it's larger then I'll upload my stuff there. Oh yeah YouTube is the safer way of pirating (I don't know about the host though) Because you don't have to download it except to stream it. A friend of mine uses it to watch anime, they got bleach and naruto. I haven't tried it yet but i think it's a good and safe idea.

yes, I must say. YouTube is great for personal use. if you want to share anything with Myspace users or email a link... etc. It's really a great resource. Can they afford to survive solely on advertisement?

I'm really excited that they introduced the volume control media player!

It used to blow out my ears [i have the earbud earphones ... ow.]

The new player also helps because it gives you the runtime ... because that way if something awesome happens, you can tell your friends when.

Lately they've been getting networks asking them to take stuff down though :D ... it's too bad about C-span and colbert. hee.

oh but also, they have that new file size limit, which is sad... but if you have a file splitting program, it's not too unbearable.

It is really cool though, because for example today I saw Sam Jackson on Ellen for Snakes on a Plane. Which is something I would never happen to catch on TV .. and Google video probably wouldn't allow either.

I'd have to say I can't really stand it personally. Nothing agains Youtube, but the frustration with it and the inability to create a hard copy from the files to my knowledge is like the final blow to the head. I'm sure if you're bored and want to watch anything, it's just fine. But unless you know what you're looking for with exact phrasing (and even then) it's poorly loose search frame is useless.Also It tends to lock up on every computer I've tried should I attempt to resize it to full screen or other sizes.

I absolutely LOVE this site, I've been able to host over an hour of footage onto here, and any of my friends, in real life or on the net, have been able to watch it. The hosting gives great quality, and the best thing (in my opinion) is that you don't have to download anything! Great for people like... Well, like me, that are suspicious of almost any downloads :(. Summed up, its a great site overall :(.Maxfelgar.

IMHO, in terms of quality, YouTube isn't the greatest, but considering that it's all free and fast, it still is quite nice. I do enjoy the fact that you don't have to download anything (no taking chances here, especially with illegal goods). There's also a nice variety of videos offered, although that probably rose along with it's popularity.

Arbitrary, if it isnt the greatest do you know of any others? Im curious of other kinds of places like this. Youtube is the only website I found to have ancient full movies streamed to watch. It has movies in good quality to not no rough a pixelated streams.So please list some others that you believe that are better than youtube.

Well, the best thing about YouTube is that it has a lot of stuff. So the other ones that I know might not cater to your needs at all...The site I thought was better in terms of quality (but not quantity): http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php But obviously not everyone cares for AMVs, so it doesn't help most of the people on YouTube. :( Of course there are other ones, but I wouldn't say they're better. Like these:

https://www.idrive.com/
http://www.clipshack.com/
http://www.dropshots.com/
https://bolt.com/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
https://vimeo.com/

And, Google Video....

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

Youtube is good but... Anyone cared about privacy?By posting your video to You Tube, Your pictures to Webshots, Your thoughts and ideas to most sites you GRANT You Gave Away all of your licensing rights to your work. You gave it away. You Gave them a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use. First you gave them the right to use your creation anywhere in the world. Next you gave them, a non-exclusive license, which only covers the original submission.You gave them a royalty free license, taking away any hope of sharing in any money in the form of royalties, which is where the money is.You gave them the ability to sub-licence, transfer, use, reproduce, distribute, this license to anybody they choose. Read guy with checkbook.You gave them ability to prepare derivative works.