xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kgd2006

Early Hosting Request? Was wondering if I could Requesting Hosting early?

I was wondering if requesting a hosting service early is okay? Or will I be looked down upon and banned? The reason for my request to host early is because I need to host a webpage im designing for a college sorority. I've been through countless webhosts and all of them seems to caused problems for me for example: 1) UI with FTP was to cumbersome took forever to upload required files 2) ADs prevented the site from loading quick 3) ADs messed with webpage layout 4) Hosting service died 5) and more but too many to list...To explain my webpage, Im designing a webpage for the University of Santa Cruz Sorority - Kappa Gamma Delta, which is a pre-medical sorority for women. I am friends with the president of that sorority and she asked me if I could develop a page for her sorority. So I have, and am looking for a good host to host the website I have designed. Well, do any you think that would be a valid reason for me to be able to request a hosting service earlier? If its not its fine, I can wait. I want some feedback before I request, dont want to get banned or anything...

Not really - early requests aren't really looked down upon. But in the end, you need to have the required number of credits before you apply for a package. Usually, if you don't have enough credits, you're told to make some more posts and re-apply once you've got sufficient credits.

As a rule - any request made without the required credits are turned down rightaway. In fact, the system is designed in such a way that when you try to create your hosting account, it checks your credit count first and if found short, it doesn't allow you to create your account. So early requests don't really work out.

If you're in a hurry, you should try and gain 10 credits and apply for the Package #1. That'll get you started and later on you can always upgrade to Package #2, once you've gained 30 credits on top of that.

Regards,

m^e

I would also like to add that you're best getting at least 13 credits and make sure you have decent posts - that is to say posts that have good depth and contribute something meaningful to the community and its members.

One question though, you said that the president of the sorority wanted you to design the website, why not get her to pay for the hosting and domain, that way it is less stress on you. If you think about it, she will eventually need to by a domain name anyway, and pointing it to an account that may get suspended due to inactivity wouldn't look that good on your part.

Cheap hosting can be found at Xisto's commercial website - https://xisto.com/