xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Houdini

The Edit Function That Is Now Available! Is this a mistake?

I just had the opportunity to notice and actually use the Edit button that is part of of looking at a reply I had made and there it was the elusive edit button, This subject has been brought up many times has it now been fixed where it will not upset the credits system to now be able to use this feature, or is it an oversight that will be removed now that I have brought it up.

I use the edit when after actually posting I notice a misspelled word or might have left something important out of a post. I have gotten into the habit on this site of trying to look carefully over all posts that I make since I knew that once it was submitted there it was, mistakes and all. Maybe not having the edit was a good thing after all, becuase with it you can alway go correct an error or add something that is of relevence.

Hey I just remembered one thing, what is the Group Icon? Last week it was a broken link and now it seems to be...wel a blank space, what is it supposed to be?

Edited by Houdini (see edit history)

Yeah, I saw this before also and not that you ask, I'm curious as well. Just wanted to edit one of my posts earlier before but didn't fearing it might screw up the credits LOL.Houdini, I think that Group Icon is for what group we are in. Like in your Group there (and mine), we are both under the HOSTED group. Xisto had different icons created for each group and the one we (you and me...and others who applied for hosting I guess) have is HOSTED B)

If it is there I am gonna use it, but why even have a description for an Icon that displays nothing? Maybe they are gonna add some Icons in the future, like maybe an animated blot of lightning or something alongs those lines.

Umm - we've tested the edit feature quite a bit, but would you guys make some random posts and perform some tests for us ? Make some posts with a bunch of spelling mistakes, edit and see how much difference it makes to the credits. That'll be really helpful. We haven't found it to be much of a problem, unless you fill up a whole post with garbage and then snip it all out. Only in that case you're penalized heavily. If you add content, your credits should in fact go up.

Make some posts with a bunch of spelling mistakes, edit and see how much difference it makes to the credits. That'll be really helpful.

Are you kidding? I'm not taking any chances with my credits B). Takes quiet some effort to keep them up as it is.