xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Beefdip

Blu-Ray or HD - which one would you prefer ?

Blu-Ray vs. HD  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you guys think of Blu-Ray? Do you guys feel it's worth the money right now? Or are you leaning towards HD? What's the Pros and cons about both? Best Buy is releasing a Blu-Ray disc on March 23 and it retails for $1000. I was thinking of getting it, but I'm not sure if I want to wait for HD to come out, or what. From what I last heard, the adult industry was favoring Blu-Ray B), and the computer companies were for HD. What do you guys suggest I do????

I still feel Blu-ray has a good shot of taking this. It's got a fair bit more capacity per disk, and it's going to get a strong market infusion when the PS3 is released since those will all be able to play Bluray disks.Both disks have a series of strong backers so it could turn out bad if neither falls fairly quickly... a divided media war just makes things more complicated... but then again could drive prices down...hmm...But yea, I'll be following the news about these but I still think Blu-ray is worth it... just not necessarily as soon as it hits retail for a billion dollars a pop.

I think HD is better since sony is like investing in it. It'll probably go mainstream before blu-ray does and take over the market B) And HD sounds better then blu-ray, i mean when i hear bluray, i think of sting rays in the sea.

Well HD would probably be the best way to go because of price (imagine paying $1000 for a ps3 game :S) but the price may go down quite a bit later on because it is only in an early stage of development (i think).Overall it would probably be best if consoles have a drive that could read blu-ray and HD discs. I would go with blu-ray if the price does go down because, better graphics and way more play time

I would go more for the HD cuz of the price, yeah the blu-ray has more capacity but at what cost? This times are not for wasting money, but if the blu-ray is gonna be cheap I would go for the blu-ray but I don't think that that is going to happen but who knows?

Well, as far as HD DVD vs. Blu-ray goes, it looks like we've pretty much passed the point of no return now; with each passing day it seems less and less likely that a compromise will be reached on a next-gen format. The ongoing peace talks between the two camps, which have been on-again, off-again for months now, seem to have finally dissolved. It's disappointing, because I would have liked to see a combination of both technologies.Personally, I'd prefer a blu-ray system, because It's developed by Philips and they make very good Television set's ;-)

This is a hot topic at the moment with loads of people trying to share their ideas on who the winner might be. Yes both formats have their pro's and their con's. I think there will be two major factors that will affect the outcome of this, these are price and capacity.At the end of the day the consumer and their willingness to part from their money will determine the winner. Also I was watching a techy program on the tele last week and there is talk of a third format that may enter the flurry. Unfortunately I didn't watch all of the program and i missed the name of it. Has anyone else out there heard of this "third format"?