xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Which Are The Best Browsers? Whats the best web browser?

You should probably either go for Opera or FireFox. It's much more recommended BY ME to get Firefox because of what I feel from it, the safety and etc from it. You can just google the site and it'll give you it, just use the keywords. Try to stay away from the Internet Explorer from Microsoft unless you really think it's the best browser out there...

One word. Internet. Explorer.
No, just kidding B) . I use Firefox because it's open source and because I feel very safe using it. I've heard that Opera is the fastest browser. I've tried Opera before, but it didn't give me a good impression when I used it. That might be because it had banner ads on the top. But that was removed last September, so I don't know if it'll feel better than Firefox now.

I've tried Opera before, but it didn't give me a good impression when I used it. That might be because it had banner ads on the top.

I hated the banner ads so much that I uninstalled Opera (this was a few years ago or more, I should mention) and just stuck with Netscape Navigator. Back then, NN wasn't a bad browser. Now the stupid thing (in version 8 the last time I used the program) is so bulky, slow and packed with dumb extra features that I can't stand having it around.

So ... I agree with you on using FireFox. Other than a few random crashes that I can't seem to figure out how to prevent, I'm happy with this browser. And if I understand correctly, there's an extension for this browser that will save the open tabs for you in the event of a crash so that you can re-start the browser and go right back to what you were doing.

Best browser, the one you dream about but can never get.Internet Explorer, quite a poor browser, Maybe use Maxathon over it (just modifications built ontop of IE) and it'd slightly be better, but still comes with all those IE problems with spyware/adware/tracking cookies etc.Firefox is a good browser (quite close to the dreams), is technology focused and has made a huge impact with rising in popularity. The additions of adding extensions also helps.Opera, quite good, does somethings better and somethings worse, but it probably outweighs IE.There's a few more browsers out there, Safari, Konqueror, etc that have good and bads things about them, Safari probably being the better on out of the others, while the rest fall back in some areas.In the long run, Firefox is going to shine I believe, so it's the browser I'd stick with, but for web development, you need most browsers for testing.Cheers,MC

I haven't given Firefox a try, but from my own experience of Opera, come on guys, you ain't crediting it enough.

Its much better than M$ IE when it comes to speed, security and features. The glories of multi-tab browsing, session error recovery, superb cache handling, click back and instantly get back to the previous page (even works on forms) are too good not to be praised.

Talking of Ads in v 7.0 or less, it isn't as bad as you are making it sound. Select the relevant text ads for minimal delay in web browsing. Its just a small area on the top toolbar that this thing occupies, much better than those annoying ads that people are resorting to in their web sites to get some more dollar$.

In v 8 or higher the ads have been removed, toolbars made sleeker, more features like Voice Browsing have been added. E-Mail support, better bookmark arrangement, Wand Passwords manager, automatic lookup and fiiling of registration forms: Name, Address, E-Mail address, etc on those annoying sites, requiring registration for every puny little thing you do.

Besides, the cool skins is an icing on the cake. Customize your browser to suite your style.

I haven't faced any spyware or adware trouble with Opera either. But, what really sets Opera apart is the page loading time, undoubtedly its the fastest browser on earth, be it the PC or Mobile.

Keep it going lads.