xisto Community
SunBlind

My New Wallpaper Weird Blue

Yes, I'm such a genius at naming my creations... I know. Anywhos, one of these days I'll be putting up a tutorial on how to create a similar effect to this... for now I have to get through the rest of my Elements styles.

Posted Image

Whatta ya think?

I don't know why, but it looks simple to make. Of course, I know it isn't B)I love the way it is simple, but also shows some great skills and ideas. I would nevert think of putting an eye like this with all the lines around it. Nice job.If only it was a bit bigger (khm1280x1024khm) I could use it my self ;)

Thanks pyost and HellFire B)

It actually was very simple to make, this one took me about 2 minutes Lol The problem is, since one of the filters needed to produce the effect is a wave generator, the end result isn't always the same. I've made quite a few that went straight to the recycle bin as soon as they were finished... You just have to know how to tweak the wave settings so you don't get something too crazy or too simple.

I actually got the idea for the eye from Faith No More... if anyone has ever seen the "Epic" video, you know what I mean ;)

I have a green version as well... with a weed leaf in place of the eye (I made it for a friend of mine who's a proud stoner Lol)

Hey pyost, here's a 1280x1024 version if you'd really like to use it.

That looks kind of familiar. On sxc.hu (Stock Exchange Images), they have similar designs, not as simple, but they use the effects.I always wondered how they did it. Thanks a bunch.

no offence ..but the eye looks creepy...kind of like those freemason insigniaB)

I think it is great, although it is very simple it is an effective style. May I ask which graphics program did you make this on??? I hope to see some more stuff from you.See ya later,zacaroo

Wow, thanks for the great feedback guys, I actually wasn't expecting too many people to like it Lol

Cezphus, here's the green one you wanted to see B)

Posted Image

The eye is indeed reminiscent of the Freemason's logo, which is another reason I chose to implement it... being a Dan Brown fan, as well as one of history. It may be a little creepy to some, but as they say, "The eyes are the windows to the soul" so I find them fascinating.

I used Photoshop 7.0, zacaroo, and only 3 filters are utilized: Radial Blur, Find Edges, and the Wave generator.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it. I'll try to put up the tutorial and more variations after I get the rest of my styles for my Elements series finished.

Thank you B)I used the Radial Blur, Find Edges, and Wave filters.I'll get the tutorial up as soon as I can.

Very nice!When I first saw it I would say it's some 3d job, but I see later in post its done in photoshop with a bit addition of filters... anyway it's a nice picture, prettey clean and nice blue... green is good too.. so, anyway nice, wallpaper...:odo you have deviantart account maybe?

Wow, that looks unbelievable nice. If you're taking orders; could you make me a red one in 1024x768? No hurry, but it would be nice, I think it really sweets up my desktop. Thanks, and just incase you didn't noticed: I'm sitting here on my chair with my mouth wide open :P . It's just such a cool thing. :o-=jeroen=-