xisto Community
snutz411

Super Smash Brothers: Melee

I was always good at this game for Gamecube, but recently I want to see how good I am amongst other good players. So I went out and actually bought a Gamecube (I didn't own one previously) and the game, and now I'm reading all this stuff about advanced tactics and techniques.I mainly play as Yoshi and Falco. I was already good without the advanced tactics, but now that I know them, I'm starting to incorporate them into my regular play. Its like relearning how to play the whole game again. I have to stop doing some bad habits and start doing new stuff.Post here if you play SSB:M, and play at an high level.I'm actually going to go to a tournament this Saturday to check out "elite" players. And I want to enter into the MLG (Major League Gaming) event in NYC and Philadelphia. Most likely I'll get seriously owned, but I really want to see if I can hold my own.

I watched something on MTV about a guy that played Smash Bros. It seems to be one of the most popular games for the GameCube. I don't personally play it, but it does look like an interesting game. Let us know how you do in the tournament.

I've never played any fighting games very well, so I'm not a competition-type person at least where these video games are concerned. (Put me in a fiction-writing contest, though, and I'll gladly shred the other writers, hehe.)I do play Smash Bros. sometimes, when I'm home and the GameCube actually works (needs a new laser assembly at the moment, sadly). My brothers, sister and I usually just play against each other for fun. Now that we're all adults and don't have horrible, teenaged tempers fueled by sibling rivalry, it's a lot more fun to go head-to-head on these types of games.But when we were kids ... wow. Mom bought us Mortal Kombat 3 and Street Fighter II Turbo for SNES so that we could kick, punch, and destroy each other without causing actual harm. I used to rip my brothers' spines out all the time *snickers*

I play SSBM. I use to play Falco a lot but now I mostly pick Fox over him. Also I like playing as Ganon for fun. Recently I got into the GC Naruto games, so I'm probably a little rusty now with SSMB.

i play with Ness and Mewtwo. its one of my favorite games.ANyone seen the video for the new Smash Brothers coming out...looks real fun.

Super Smash Brothers: Melee

Super Smash Brothers Melee is one of the most funnest games iv played (besides Halo 2). that game has gathered up me and my friends many times to try to beat and win the games back to back. The new 1 for game cube is alright but the main one i love is for Nintendo 64, i love the classics :unsure:

Love the game, one of main reasons I got a gamecube in the first place. Favorite character - Fox !Although I don't take anything to a tournament lvl (which i'd be amazed to find here), not using that many advanced tactics but I did scout for those some time ago.Usually I just play some duels vs my brother who's pretty good with Luigi.Brawl looks so damn awesome, only letdown is you'll *have* to use the old gamecube controllers

Sorry to steal your thread for a moment but I would really appreciate it if anyone knows of somewhere I can purchase this game in Australia, preferably NSW.I loved the N64 version and myself, my brother and even my now 4 year old sister still play it from time to time. Iv'e seen some screen shots of Melee for Gamecube and it looks alot smoother then the N64 version, is there anything else changed? (I'd still be happy just to have the smoother graphics).

I love both games so much! I can remember the first time I ever played the N64 game, and got so addicted! Unfortunately (or maybe it was a good thing), my parents never were so inclined towards buying me a console, so I never got any practice at home, and my friends were usually burnt out with games they played so much when I started playing as well, so I never really played that much. But whatever, it's a great game, and a neighbour of mine has a GC with SSB:M, and I played it once, and loved it so much.

Of course I played like crap. :D I used to take Pikachu.

Heh heh, well I personally like Samus on the N64 Super Smash Bros., but only because I had a chance to play some of the Metroid games that were amazing. One of them actually managed to scare me :| (Not ever movies can do that to me these days).

Edited by Chesso (see edit history)

Yeah i belong to a very competitive Melee scene in the UK (although I'm not good yet, only started recently) and I have to say the competition is vicious, there are so many different techniques and matchups that you need to know but that makes this game even deeper.the metagame of this game is still evolving, meaning the best players are improving how to play the game, making it deeper and deeper, definately a 10/10 game.