xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

IPB 2.1.4 Problems

i am trying to set up ipb on my server so that i can host my forum...

i have ipb 4.13 (or w/e the newest one is) and i installed it along with mysql4 and php5 onto my server...i came across a lot of problems...such as the install/index.php not working correctly and username and password errors...but with google i was able to get help for most of that...now i am stuck..

the first error i had was that when i tried to open the index.php within the install folder to finally configure the ipb forum and all (as the install guide said) it came up with a bunch of code...so then i found out that i didnt have php installed correctly and added to my IIS and all that...so i fixed that...got all that workin and then came accross another error, saying that it errored with the file php_mysql.dll on line 127...googled it...found out that mysql 5 (which is what i was originally trying to use) doesnt work well with ipb...so i dl mysql 4 and installed...came accross another error...couldnt start the service...googled...found out that i hadnt completely removed mysql5 because i left the folder there still...so that **** everything up...so i deleted it...uninstalled..all that...fixed that error...went all the back to the index.php in the /install folder....and everything is working...brought up the page...went on to next page...filled out the form asking for my myswl user and pass (i have mysql set to anonymous) so i put anonymous in and all the other info...and at first i had a few error such as the username and pass (cause i didnt try anonymous at first) and not connecting to mysql...but i got everything...now i get this stupid error saying that my database is wrong...the guide for ipb said that i could put a name in there and if it wasnt created it would create it...well..i dont hava database thing...and i dont kn much about databases...so can i get some help here...what do i have to do to create a database

can i just download a database online to do this...or do i need to create a whole database on the computer...or does ipb come with a default database and i just dont know about it...please, i would like some help...i really want to get this working (would make my friend very jealous and be really cool to see)

thanks!

-----Posts Merged-----szupie

with some more help from google i was able to figure out how to use the mysql console to create a database so now i have fixed that problem...now i have a new error that i have encountered...now it comes up with this code...

Warning! The following errors must be rectified before continuing!Please go back and try again! INSERT INTO astahost_task_manager VALUES ('', 'Update Topic Views Counter', 'updateviews.php', 1140647237, -1, -1, 3, -1, 'ddce954b5ba1c163bc627ca20725b595', 0, 'Used when topic views are not incremented immediately', 1, 'updateviews', 0, 0);Out of range value adjusted for column 'task_id' at row 1

i did some more googling to try to find stuff...but they say it is a problem with mysql and the database not being set right or sumtin...and that is no help because they dont tell me how to fix it...i have also read that this is a new error that has been comming up recently...so idk...but it would be nice if someone could help me !

------would an admin please edit my posts so that i am not double posting (could just make this first post)-------

-----Posts Merged-----szupie

alright...alright...alright...this is last time B) ... will a moderator please close this topic! i got everything working and my forum is up...thanks for all your help *rolls eyes* ...

gfx-forum