xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SileZigns

AI Roboform - Have You Used It?

My mum got this piece of software with her new computer that she bought about a month ago.The software is called RoboForm, and what it does is let you store username/passwords for the different websites you visit. For example, it could remember my username and password for this site, whilst having a different username and password for Real GFX (just a forum I visit) and then remembering youe email and password for hotmail. I copied it of my mum's computer and put it on mine, but havn't used it yet.What I want to know is, waas it worth the effort to get it? or a waste of time? And more importantly, is their a better one i can get for free???

I have used this program before but found it a far waste of effort, not much use to put it to considering most web browsers offer the option to save passwords and autofill forms for you.Within a few hours of testing i uninstalled it, waste of time and my bandwith to download it

As far as I am aware, microscopic^earthling (admin) uses it. He showed me the link to get it, but I personally don't like the aspect of it saving all of my usernames and passwords. I know that it is secure, but nothing is 100% secure. Someone somewhere will be figuring out a way to crack RoboForm and will sometime accomplish it.HellFire, browsers only have a limited amount of security when saving form information. That is why RoboForm was produced. To fill the gaps in security. The only thing I have on autoform is my usernames. Having a username isn't a security issue, it's the password that goes with it.

Oh I see. I might just avoid using it. that thing about people eventually figuring out how to hack it. It would certainly set me back alot, not just on money.Thanks alot

oh yeah.. didnt think of that..well what twitch said it would be best to save usernames only, and maybe (thats a big maybe) if you registered for a site you think you will never visit alot then you could get off with saving your password.Also i usually choose between a mix of passwords so i usually never forget, more important sites = more secure/rarely used passwords

Oh I'd so totally recommend AI Roboform. I've been using it for over anyear now. As it's been discussed here - I don't trust the security that browsers offer - hence I don't like storing my passwords in them.

As for Roboform - it gives you a wide variety of Advanced Encryption Algorithms to pick from. They include - DES, 3DES, BlowFish, AES & RC6 - none of which can be "hacked" by any easy means, unless you've a supercomputing cluster setup somewhere working on it day and night for months at ends.

The nature of my job takes me to hundreds of different forums and company sites everyday - and I don't like the idea of keeping the very same password for all. Trying to remember all these would have been a disaster. That's where Roboform comes to rescue. It not only stores your login/password combos but also when you pick a sitename from it's menu - it actually fires up your browsers, takes you to that site and performs the login for you. Considering I need to do this over 2-300 times a day for various sites - I DO find the utility extremely handy.

Moreover - it also stores your standard form filling info - so when you're signing up at some new site - it can fill your whole form in one-click. Excuse me - but I've to code/debug over a few thousand lines on an average everyday.. and every single keystroke/mouseclick I save up on goes towards giving my poor fingers some relief. SO WHY NOT ?

As for any other software in this category that can give Roboform a run for its money - HELL NO. I've tried out a wide variety of password storage systems - and NOTHING comes even close to roboform in terms of ease of use and features.

Hell - the SafeCards system it has, even allows me to store a lot of personal details of Banking related stuff - and as far as I've seen and experienced - I store them all without any hesitation.

But all in all - one thing you've got to realize is that the master password you use to encrypt all your data stored using roboform has to be a long and cryptic one. But once again I say - WHY NOT ? If I don't have to go through the pain of remembering over 100 login/pass combos against remembering a single arbitarily long password - WHY NOT ? B)

That's good in your case m^e, where you are required to have hundreds of username/passwords, but for a regular user it seems kind of overkill.. I mean I goto (almost daily) a good 10-20 sites that require logins and I have different username/passwords for both and I don't have that hard of a time just remembering them... maybe I'm just funny like that :| hahaBut for personal forums and stuff especially I don't see why storing the passwords in a browsers would be a big deal anyways... if someone wants access to your account that badly you have bigger things to worry about then them posting naughty things under your name :|

I'm boring then lol. Only three (if that sites). But then again, we all don't have the luxury of working from home.I suppose from what youve said m^e, it wouldn't be too much of a easy thing to hack.

ok, well, i don't go to many places, hotmail, AOL, yahoo, my site, here and a few other places. But I am starting to find it quite difficult to remember my passwords, as I make long ones to try and avoid people hacking me, 'cause thats just not cool.Based upon what you said m^e I think I may use. I suppose its always possible for me to try and add things to make it more secure, and no matter what you do, you can always be hacked by someone who has the skill.(2-300 times a day, thats quite abit)

hmm actually i might reconsider.. i might go for it and try again as i do go to a load of sites, i am a member of alot of forums but mainly i use the same password for sites i dont care about, and some sites i make sure i have really secure passwords for. i did try roboform out around a year ago and alot of things i expect would have changed

I agree with m^e. Roboform is without doubt the best password filling tool out there. Its ability to integrate perfectly with both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox is one of its greatest pros.Having the ability to directly got to a site of choice and then be logged in is just a one-click affair, and of course it helps when you need to fill in information repeatedly. I just wished it cost a little less so's I could get more licenses. :-)The toolbar is neat and fully customizable and the learning curve is quite short. There's a built-in random password generator which can be used to create hard to guess passwords. The data can be encrypted and backed up from within the software and the user can also export / print out all the details or do so selectively, so you can store it in an offline location like a bank safe or locker.Just remember that this software literally makes you put all your eggs in one basket, so that basket ought to have a really really tight lid (your master password) to prevent any damage.All-in-all, highly recommended! The free version allows you to store 10 passcards only after the initial 30-day trial, but the functionality isn't reduced in any other way.

I agree with m^e. Roboform is without doubt the best password filling tool out there. Its ability to integrate perfectly with both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox is one of its greatest pros..

Damn, doesnt work with opera

if it can work with both Internet explorer and Mozilla fireofx, then it is probably perfect for me. I use both of them, but for different reasons.I'll try get the hang of it, it'll maek it heaps easier.Can you get plugins and skins etc for it to change its look? I know you don't see it much but still.

If you use a shell for IE like Maxthon or Avant, the toolbar ought to take the colour and appearance of your currently selected skin. There aren't any plugins. What sort of plugins would you expect from a tool such as this anyway?

RoboForm (Auto Fill online form)

AI Roboform - Have You Used It?

Replying to SileZigns

This is me Haider Hussain, as I experience that you want this application what all I can do for you, I can send you thi software with installation procedure all you have to fallo one by on and you w'll success.

-reply by Haider Hussain