xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elevenmil1405241518

How To Embed Swf Files In Joomla ?

I want to embed some swf game files into my Joomla project, I've been at it for two hours and haven't made much progress. I've tried making a new content item and placing <object>...</object> but that hasn't worked. I'm kind of stuck B) Anyone familiar with Joomla or Mambo that may have some knowledge regarding my issue?

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Try going to Add New Content. Then, in the WYSIWYG editor, there is a Flash button (represented by te Flash .swf file icon), click on it and follow the steps from that. I think you will need to upload your .swf file first and then provide the external link to it.You don't need to directly place <object> tags into the source code for it to work.

by default link changes

I also want to add swf flash file in to my joomla project site. But I have problem with link. Browser making changes in url by default.

Anyone have knowledge in joomla content item link or how to inserting swf file in content page or static content page please help me out.

-Avanti

Adding MP4 files in joomla

Hi I am trying to add MP4 files to my joomla project. I have no idea how it works. Can somebody help me with this.

-Unixartist

Replying to elevenmil

I find a embed html code engine online auto gen code. This can help

Webmaster do it easy for embed most media.( wmv,wma,mp3,flv,mov,rm,swf...)

I try before is good for joomla, blog, forum...Website.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by mary ann

SWF in Joomla

I am trying to place an SWF on a joomla page then that SWF calls other SWF Movies into it. However in Joomla the Parent SWF does not stay in the main directory it gets pulled into a new directory for that page. When that heppens my AS does not work to call the next SWF in. How do I write the AS2 code to look for the right directory and swf?

If any one could help I would be in your duet.

Thanks CptNemo

-question by CptNemo

thank you for post the code gen engine.

This is good solutions for moderator online tools.

Now I can use the embed html code engine.

But I can not gen the divx video formet.

If it support divx gen code. How to do it?

-reply by Ken B.

Very easy.

1)You can install plugin mod (allvideoload) from contral panel.

Type scrip on artical {swf}filename{/swf} that o.K. You must made directory videos in images/stories/videos/xxx.Swf

2)if you don't like install pulgin mod. You can try select embed with player in embed engine on raymeo.Com

I first time try to embled swf file in landing page is smooth playback. I select embed with player . Result is : hkwharf.Blogspot.Com

-reply by mary ann

swf in joomla

Hi every body, from yesterday I am trying to place an swf file in my joomla 1.5, milkyway, but I can't...

How I tryed: module manager, new, custom, there I insert my tag:

<div id="pinco">

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="album2.Swf" width="757" height="348">

<param name="movie" value="album2.Swf"/>

</object>

</div>

And as someone told me that I should change the WYSIWYG editor otherwise I will have problem, I changed it to "no-editor."

But now in my page I have just a white square!

And worse than this...When I go: template manager, milkyway, edit html, I don't find the tag object! ( I find it just if I see the html from menu view of my browser but I can't edit there...)

-reply by andia afsar

How To Embed Swf Files In Joomla ?How To Embed Swf Files In Joomla ?I am trying to place an SWF on a joomla page then that SWFcalls other SWF Movies into it. However in Joomla the Parent SWF doesnot stay in the main directory it gets pulled into a new directory forthat page. When that heppens my AS does not work to call the next SWF in. How do I write the AS2 code to look for the right directory and swf?

-reply by rakesh

.SWF in the template file not showingHow To Embed Swf Files In Joomla ?

I am using a template that has a header.Jpg file at the top.  I need to add a .Swf file in place of that file.  I changed the name to header.Swf from header.Jpg and changed the file name in the css template file to match read header.Swf but when I view the template the space is blank.

Do you know why this wouldn't show up? And how to get it to appear?

Thanks,

M

i tried uploaded .swf file in my joomla..How To Embed Swf Files In Joomla ?

but I can't get the url source of file.. I know that joomla can't read that. But how can I put my swf file? please help me..  I'm one of the Administrator in our joomla site..

-reply by rex_reever24