xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Do You Hate Internet Explorer? Show Your Support, this is called FLING IE

Hey guyz!

Do you hate Internet explorer? or do you want other people to stop using Internet explorer and make them switch to another browser? If yes, then here's the time to show your support.

I've started a campaign in which I am requesting people to stop using Internet Explorer, I am sure that most of us know why we've got to do this...I know most of us are intelligent B)

I think if anyone thinks the way I think..must take part in this campaign and must make other people aware about this...and help them to make a switch!

Here's the link to the campaign - FLING IE

Hmm, well this just sounds like spread firefox but also supporting opera... seems like it'd be easier just to support spread firefox lol.I only skimmed over your site, but I don't see exactly what the point is. Put a piece of code with a link to your site? Why not just tell people to goto the main sites for the browsers?... just seems kinda fishy to me is all B)

Well, nothing is fishy in this!I want that more and more people put that code on their site and due to which more and more people will actually read it and will guide people to stop using IE....If you read whatever I've written on that page...You'll get my point!

I did read over the page, but it didn't seem like it would convince many people, especially no more so then actually sending them to another browsers website which would have more in depth details about what they have to offer...THats just my opinion though, good luck with it regardless

I can't forget these days we had no other browsers than Internet Explorer and Netscape, no choices, but about now who doesn't hate IE?, with all of these holes if i can i will uninstall it at all and be sticky to Firefox or Opera, the best features i like in both of them is browsing using tabs so i could browse what ever i need without opening alot of windows, thier built-in mail clients, and that feeling as being some secured "not fully secured" with them used.and by the way as Jeigh said, you need to type the browsers links directly better, otherwise try to put something dynamic visitors can act with like poll so visitors can choose which browser they prefer to use.

The idea seems good, I would also like that people would switch to other browsers than IE or IE engine based, but sometimes I just think that it is their deal, especially of some comments where people want to prove that IE is a good browser and Opera, Fiefox, Konqueror etc. are bad, because they never used them. It is their choice, you offer, they don't want to change, your job is over B)

I can't forget these days we had no other browsers than Internet Explorer and Netscape, no choices, but about now who doesn't hate IE?

Lets not forget that many poorly coded pages nly work in IE. And if the pages contain good content, many people will like to view it. For example, Microsoft Update can only be accessible through IE. Also, some people don't like a change of programs, or perhaps many people are simply just unaware of alternate browsers existing. Same with POP mail clients, people still use MS Outlook even though it has so many security holes.

For those of us who love tabbed browsing, IE 7 will have that feature (hopefully) intergrated.

I much rather preffer FireFox over IE. B)

Interesting idea. Hopefully more people will learn that there are alternatives to Microsoft's browser out there, that won't cost anything. Personally, I have the URL to download Firefox in my e-mail signature. I figure that's my good deed for the decade *grins*

Lets not forget that many poorly coded pages nly work in IE. And if the pages contain good content, many people will like to view it. For example, Microsoft Update can only be accessible through IE.For those of us who love tabbed browsing, IE 7 will have that feature (hopefully) intergrated.

that is the first thing i hate with IE, you can't get to some places when you don't have it, i hate that kind of closed mind, i like open sources, where you can change anything you don't like, that consider a bad point count towards microsoft, they are trying to keep thier browser alive by forcing microsoft windows users to use it to get thier systems updates, doesn't it give some sense?
about tabbed browsing, good that they may include it in IE, but it's not the only thing IE missing, no way it's the end of Gates age. B)

I take much joy in putting down IE and Opera. But the thing is, how is software meant to grow and develop if the developers of it aren't given the information they need to suite it to their audience. Microsoft's primary goal is to please the public. However, due to their pleasing nature, they have to cut corners and provide patches when there are road-bumps.

Many people still use IE, and that is the way it is going to be as long as computers come pre-bundled (Windows) with IE. Majority of the focus group are not as computer literate as us, so they do not realise the true extent of problems that Microsoft IE causes. Even if we were to present a list to them, they would still use IE because it is less stressful to learn (apparently). Switching from one thing to another can take time, as people do get attatched to the stuff they use. For example, I was determined to keep using the WYSIWYG editor of Namo WebEditor 6, and I even recommended it to others. But when I forced myself to Wordpad and Dreamweaver code view, I realised what a mistake I had been making.

So, what am I talking about? We need to get people to understand the problems of IE first of all. Then once people understand, we can start to show them the different browsers which crush IE for all of it's mis-spent glory. Comparison charts and reports help people to be open to other and in this case better browsers. If we had such a thing, and it was well known about, then perhaps non-compliant browser users would make the switch. Remember that not everyone will change their habits due to the word of mouth.

On your site, if you could give the following points, then I'm sure it would be a better success:

Provide a comparison chart between the major browsers and include a running commentary on it

Provide links to other resources of studies, reports, etc based on the different browsers

Provide figures of the people using compliant and non-compliant browsers

Use simple terms and don't over-reach.

Well, I've seen beta of IE, and it's a pure COPY of firefox. So stopIE is probably a good idea. But what to do when all those lame users who don't know anything about windows, microsoft, and mostly firefox, or even internet browsers... will never get to this. We all can try to stop microsofts lame attempts to stay on track with latest browsers, but hey, it's microsoft man! you can just shut off such large and such impactive company. They distribute software all over the world, there would be zilions of computers with preinstalled windows and - IE on them. People who will use it, and don't bother with it while it's working ok. Anyway, it's a pretty useless fight when you already know the result, but it's worth of trying. B)

Edited by finaldesign (see edit history)

Yes I hate internet explorer. It's crap, unstable, prone to spyware and adware. The only choice for me and I reccommend it to everyone is Mozilla Firefox. The simplicity of it, the tabbing features, the stability of it - everything about it completely outweighs Internet Explorer in everyway.If you want to get yourself a copy it's completely free - point your browser to https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?utm_source=firefox-com&utm_medium=referral and download it today - you wont regret it!

I use internet explorer, I think it is the best, 9i know it isn't but its because of what i'm used to) I have been using for about 7 years, so have never really opted to change.I have got FireFox and AOL Browser but I only use them to make sure any coding, websites, or anything appears right in all browsers. Some of them can turn up quite differently if you accidentally do something wrong.As for your site, it really does look like it is their to point out that FireFox is better. Ok, so they have the tabs, its easier to change the skin, bla, bla, bla. Its not like you can't download plugins for internet explorer to do the exact same thing. I downloaded the tab's plugin for IE, i think it works better than FireFox's. It take's abit more effort, but it makes life worth living.What would be the point in living if everything was simple and easy???

I can't stand to use IE but I use Avant Browser, which is another free tabbed browser which uses IE but ever since I've started using it, I haven't had any pop-up's and much less spyware. If you don't want to use Firefox, try Avant Browser.. It's got a nice interface too.. easy to use.

*shudders* I can't stand avant browser. Not sure why, probably just knowing all the security issues of IE are just hiding behind a shiny new wrapper B)It IS a more enjoyable use then IE simply bec ause it has the built in popup blocker and tabbed browsing, as you mentioned, but I still prefer firefox. It just seems like a futile attempt... if you are going to switch from ie why stay with one based on ie? Plus you'll still get a helluvalot more spyware with avant then firefox or opera, the only reason you likely get less with it at all is the popup blocking.